forty-five

IF SOMEONE tells me that, this unimaginable moment isn't real then I would trust them, closing my eyes. Though it wasn't the exact case. With bewilderment in my eyes and body I stood on my ground held by my husband's firm hold. He was wearing the most beautiful and tender smile on his lips staring down at me.

I cascade my eyes into his, getting lost slowly in those toxic gems. The smell of his perfume was overwhelming which was spinning my head making no sense. Words aren't impending in my head as I was standing beside him acting like a mute. My eyes peeked at Henson who was wearing the same disposition as me. Heart was speeding crazily and won't take the name to ease for a moment. The sharp chill ran down to my spine making me bound to stir in his arm.

Mostly in fear. Cause I don't have any predictions on Harry's act. He called me baby putting on a show to my parents portraying himself as the best son-in-law on the holy ground of earth.

That's the fear consuming me. Slicing me cell to cell as the fear was rushing through my vessels, making my vision and sense dizzy for me.

What a chessboard he was arranging this time?

How wicked is it going to be?

The fear was devouring me.

"Venessa." My mother acknowledged me with happy tears in her beautiful eyes as a smile was apprehending on her red printed lips.

With a light squeeze on my shoulder Harry let go of me, pushing me further towards my mother. Her light perfume scent hit my nostrils as she engulfed me against her warm body. Her touch felt so tender and it's like it was something and somehow I needed it right now.

She was warm.

I couldn't stop myself but cried, burning my face in her neck as I let go of my tears. In embarrassment I couldn't even make a sound when I was crying. I clenched my body against her as much as I could. Again I found myself in my past memories.

The occurrence happened when I was around ten. I got myself locked in our basement wardrobe as I stayed there for around four hours. At the age of only ten I prepared myself to be dead soon in that darkness. Calling myself a hopeless child, who won't be rescued by anyone. Who would end up alone.

But when I finally got out of that place, all I wanted was my mother. Who kept me against her warm body telling me everything would be fine.

I was safe

I was going to be fine.

That's how I was precisely feeling currently.

A locked up kid.

"Darling." My father slowly walked towards my way and placed his hand on my back, tapping on it lightly.

I let go of my mother and slammed my body against my father. I know he was astonished by my behaviour. But who cares when I finally found an ounce of peace in my parents present.

"Don't cry. Look at it, everything is fine baby." My father cooed me laughing slightly cleaving my heart into pieces.

Nothing was fine.

Only if he knew what kind of drama they were taking part in their unknown.

My father pulled me away from his body grabbing my red face in his hands with sparkling eyes.

"I am so happy today." He whispered to me and then cast his eyes behind me.

"Thank you for keeping my daughter happy." He thanked someone and I knew who he was talking to.

Harry.

My mind ran at Harry's thought, pondering what he narrated to my parents while making them the most proud and happiest people on the earth. I know, my family doesn't even know the half of the story but it was clear as crystal that Harry fed them a good tale.