seventy-six

COLD.

FAINT sounds.

Smell of burning carbon.

Sounds aren't really reaching my sense. It's blurry and vague. I breathe through my mouth only to realise how dry my throat feels. It's like every tender fiber of my cell is tearing apart from each other. I licked my cracked lips subconsciously as I tried to open my eyes. My lids feel heavy as if some invisible power is restraining me to open them.

After vying for a moment I gained the caliber to open them completely but it's blurry as if I am looking at an endless darkness. The cracks of wood burning is the only thing I was sure about. It took me a while to clear my vision.

Flamy golden hue tinctured the weirdly familiar surface of the archaic ceiling as a few shadows are dancing on it making it look like some unshaped ghosts. From my perspective I could say I was lying on the ground. It took me a few seconds to feel the icy cold floor under my body which momentarily sent goosebumps through my spine.

A severe pain shot through the nerves of my head making me hiss in agony. I tried to rub my forehead with my hand but then I discovered that my hands were tied up behind. I blinked rapidly wiggling my weak fists. Abruptly my fear commenced eating me slowly.

The last thing I remember before losing my consciousness is, Shelley's narrative about someone gaining their goal. She said he loves me the way my husband doesn't but he doesn't have any choice to make but bring my death to me.

"Your death will bring so much tears but joy too. I bless you Venessa."

It was the last thing I heard from her and her lurid smile was the last thing I saw. It hasn't taken me much time to understand that she was talking about Henson. His goal and my death are the same. Sacrificing me would bring him something that nothing could bring him. That means she was always connected to Henson and his longtime plan.

Another question, is anyone else connected to Henson and Shelley from The Styles Mansion?

It was all schematic. Henson probably knew Harry wasn't ready to leave my side after what I had done. He was sure that nothing could bring him away from my side unless it's something undeniable.

Was there any conflagration that Henson explained to Harry?

Or it was his master plan to deceive everyone, especially his brother?

Now I understand why he ran a rollercoaster ride to get me married to his unstable brother. It was planned from the beginning. Everything was pointed the way he had put them on. And that wouldn't have been possible if he hadn't manipulated everyone with his sweet and caring words. He took advantage of Harry's illnesses to create sympathy in others'hearts for his family. My heart squeezed in pain when I realized how badly I was betrayed by someone whom I have loved and respected.

My mind dragged me to Harry. Where is he now? Is he still unknown from the fact that I was missing? Is he still there practicing his duty as a CEO? Where is Henson? Is he holding back Harry while playing some tricks?

Or he is here, watching me for the last time while preparing to cut off my head with his hands?

Questions keep rumbling inside my head, upsetting me mentally what I was already.

Tears accumulated in my eyes, stinging them. My body is still trying to cope with the situation that I was in. My vision is still struggling to adjust its point of view. I tried my pathetic moves to get rid of the prevention which is holding my wrists. The pain shot through my body when a muscle twisted in my right arm.

A small yelp escaped from my mouth as tears exuded through my eyes. I am desperate to get free as I kept struggling with the thick rope that was tied around my wrists. I whimper in pain again, at last sobbing while giving up. But I stopped sobbing when I realized that I was carrying a life inside me. It's still surreal to me that I am going to be a mother and through everything for a moment I forgot that I am with a Styles blood inside me.