fifty-eight

THE SOUNDS of people murmuring filled my ear but it wasn't clear what they were saying. I tried to open my eyes but exceptionally I failed to do so.

"What the fuck happened to her?" An enraged voice spat through their teeth and it hasn't taken me a second to ken the deep and alluring voice of my husband.

"Relax Mr. Styles." An unknown voice said calmly vocation lacing in his tone.

I slowly opened my eyes but everything was blurry. My eyes were stinging making it hard for me to see anything circumstantially. Soon slowly and nauseatingly my vision got lucid and the first thing I saw was my in-laws.

Henson with a worried face.

Neona with a curious face.

And a doctor sitting beside me while fixing a blood pressure machine around my arm.

A warm hand swept over my hair as I felt someone's presence at my right side, making me look at the person who was watching me with desperation written over his feature.

My husband.

And soon I realized I was at home lying on my bed.

"Venessa, can you hear me?" Harry spoke as I blinked lazily at him saying nothing.

Abruptly the flashes of painful memories struck me, squeezing my heart brutally. Everything was going smoothly. For a moment, I believed we were bringing improvement to our relationship. The way Harry gives me a hard time with his heart dropping statements, it was all forsaken by me. Instead of thinking negative possibilities, I allowed myself to flow with Harry's created wave.

My heart was heavy and I couldn't bring myself to cry now because everyone was present here with another person whom I met now.

"Her blood pressure dropped, it might be the reason for her fainting." The doctor said by detaching the object from my arm, I turned my attention to him, watching him arranging his equipment properly.

His blue eyes met mine as he smiled, showing his deep dimples.

"And it seems like Mrs. Styles is stressing herself quite a bit." He added looking across me, matching his eyes with my worried husband.

He was still sitting beside me, not even moving. His hand kept caressing my hair, depicting a frown upon his face. His hairs were messed up as if he had run his ring clad fingers through them a few times out of his frustration, what he always did. The silk black tie was loosened up as the sleeves of his dark green formal shirt were rolled back to his veiny forearms.

When our eyes met, I darted them away from him. I don't want him to fool me again with his fake worried manifestation. He might be showing those het up acts just to make everyone believe how much he cared about me. But only if they knew, everyone here was his wooden doll and he could make them dance the way he wants with his manipulative character.

The doctor prescribed some medication and advised me to be careful in the future because he believes that I was in depression. And it all wanted me to punch him in the face, he was repeating the word over and over again and it was atrociously catalysing a pain in my ass.

Everyone seemed worried and I knew it was genuine. But I couldn't bring myself to believe that Harry was really worried. My heart's muscles commenced to ach when I thought of becoming nothing to Harry. I won't be the love of his life, instead of that I am just a game that he was winning slowly. I might become his children's mother but it seems like I won't be able to desire anything from my children cause I know he would also take control over that too.

Why won't he though right? He has to save his bloodline and his glorifying empire that was passed to him from his ancestors.

He has to keep the name safe which is called Styles.