fifty-seven

SPIKE AND span.

A smooth sigh of abetment escaped through my tightened lungs as my inquisitive eyes scanned my husband while watching him calm down. He held my small hands in his large one, staring at my soul, sending chill shivers down to my spine. The crowded atmosphere for a moment vanished, all I could feel and hear was my escalating heart beats and the rush of pumping blood in my veins.

He was looking like an angel with that soft touch of emotions on his face.

"I am fine." I squeezed his hands three times, daring to smile at my husband who might be having a great battle of anger issues inside him.

He gave me a silent answer suddenly making me restless. Whatever was left from his tongue, that always put me at the edge of losing my mind but when he doesn't speak that put me on a cliff.

"How much are you enjoying the atmosphere?" Harry inquired slightly demonstrating his impetus about my opinion.

I scanned my eyes throughout the room, pin pointing every single spectacles that apprehending nothing but joy. I turned my head at my husband who was watching me intensely as if I was a whole damn meal for him and soon he would lash on it, devouring every inch of me.

"It's really nice. I would have missed the fun if I didn't agree with you to join the place." At an honest attitude, I gave my answer.

His face lit up with a surprising smirk as he nodded his head in agreement.

But soon our conversation was interrupted when a buoyant tone called my husband's name more like buttering him.

In unison our heads snapped at the way where a tall woman was standing with a glass of champagne through her perfectly manicured fingers. Her shoulder length blonde hairs were wavy and glossy, lips were printed red as eyes were marvelously peering over us. The aegean colored dress hugged her every curved showing off her stunning body.

"Hello darling." She chimed making me flinch inside.

But my heart shattered when Harry let go of my hands and stood before the mysterious woman with great beauty.

I felt like a loser all of a sudden. All I want now is to vanish in the air and never show up.

"Jessica." Harry greeted her as they exchanged a small hug. But it seems like she wasn't satisfied with the small hug because the next thing she did is placing a kiss on his cheek, leaving a red mark of her expensive lipstick on my husband's flesh.

I stared at them with a burning sensation through my heart. My stomach scrolled as my chest tightened and for a moment I thought I would stop breathing.

"U la la la, look at you. Dashing as always." She roamed her blue eyes over my husband, softly running her hand on his shoulder as her other hand held her drink.

A chuckle escaped from my husband's throat and it's more like he was expecting such a thing from her.Briefly her eyes fell on me as instantly her face turned into a devilish grin which means something that I couldn't pick up on.

"Must be Venessa." She said with a smile showing her perfect white teeth.

I stood on my feet and I took her hand that she offered me to shake.

"Nice to meet you." It doesn't matter how much I was seething myself with envy, I just need to endure that for a little moment.

"My pleasure." She said laughing with a high pitched tone all of a sudden making me perplexed.

I glanced at my husband who was staring at me with a small smile on his lips not reacting to this woman's peculiar gesture. Suddenly someone called Harry's name making him excuse himself from us while leaving me with a nerve wrecking woman who was scanning me from my head to toe.