seventy-seven

"YOUR HUSBAND would be the one who is going to pull the trigger."

I thought I heard him wrong. I thought, his words had been manipulated by my current mental condition. Everything for a second turned into slow motion. The flashes from the past where me and Harry and I are sharing passionate kisses, making love, me crying, Harry wiping my tears, him telling me he loves me.

Thousands of flash glow before my eyes with its glorious motion making me weak at my main point.

What exactly is going on now?

"Wh........at, wha...t?" I stammered through my one word, staring at my brother-in-law who seems to have no emotions for me now. But a few minutes ago he was conceding his long time love for me like Romeo.

Different nature Romeo.

"It was hard at first but I think he also understood what is good and what is not. I mean we are brother Venessa. Blood is thicker than water. I knew he would understand my purposes the way he always did before. You see, that's why I have always admired my brother when I haven't even vacillated to give him you." Henson arrayed a long narrative in a serene tone not breaking his icy eye contact with me.

"What are you trying to imply?" My voice is shaky and it's full of fear.

My subconscious instantly drew an elongated ode of venomous and bad omened possibilities inside my head, possibilities of Harry having something to do with all of this. I shook my inner demon which was whispering its sinful theories, feeding me well.

Henson shared a look with Clara as if he is asking for her permission to answer.

Clara softly blinked at him sighing deeply before speaking.

"I know Harry is a smart boy as always." She tenderly spoke with elegance in her tone.

"I am happy that he agreed to this holy deed." My eyes grew wide when I decern the hidden meaning behind the curtain of her words. Tears burn my eyes blurring my vision as heart commences sinking into the dark ocean of dejection.

"I know you are hurt Venessa but I told you my brother loves his family more than anything."

"He doesn't even love you Venessa. What do you expect?" Clara's words sliced through my heart making me bleed invisibly.

What is going on?

Am I hearing wrong or my emotions are still messing up with my mental state?

No, that cannot be true? Harry would never agree with this crazy shit. He promised me he would protect our child and me. He said he would always be with me.

Then why these people feeding me this information?

"You are lying." Gulping down my angry saliva I spat at Clara who just frowned at me.

It's the first time she didn't smile till now.

"Why would I Venessa? Do you think if Harry was against his then we could have brought you here that easily? He has an obsession with you but love doesn't exist between you two. Love isn't something Harry can feel except it's his family. Once someone comes to their perfect sense, a simple obsession can't break their consolidated resolve. You are just an outsider who was invited for a few months." The blood rushed through my veins and reached my head like a bullet train, causing an excessive amount of pain.

A joint of electricity shrinks my heart tugging sensitive spots, slowly making me weak.

"You know nothing, he loves me." I yowled at them sobbing erratically like a small kid.

Why are they being so cruel to me?

Why is God letting this happen?

He loves me.