prologue

V E N E S S A

V E N E S S A

THE ANNOUNCEMENT left me shook and shocked when my respected father declared he fixed my marriage with a man whom I've never seen and whom I've never met. My life was going on really great. The only thing that is minus from my life, a boyfriend. Boyfriend is a word which I've always tagged with a tag and it was 'trouble maker'.

I had been with some boys before my employment vita. They all always had some problems and flaws which ended up splitting me and them. And my biggest fear was losing my virginity to some blunder guy who might not even love. So, I always minded my business while staying away from boys and men.

I would never mind if my parents advised me to get married and complete the empty part of my life. Arranged marriage isn't a big extent for me but it's perceived as a terrible issue when my parents told me that, I was going to marry someone whom I'm going to meet straight at our wedding. No meeting, no knowing each other's process.

I know some people might think, how arrange married couples live the rest of their lives. How could they agree to be with a person whom they haven’t loved at first. But I believe in arranged marriage. It might sound a bit outmoded but that's the truth.

And I see, my parents really have taken a golden chance of my old fashioned thought.

Till now I only know his name and exalted reputation of his family background. The only thing pestering me is why a highly reputed and famous family wants me to be their daughter-in-law.

It's not like we are poor. My dad has his own company and it's a publishing company. Which is pretty famous in our city. The Erza publishing company as in my father's association has published a few famous books which subsequently have been released as movies.

But still if someone put both of us kudos in a steelyard then their status would put ours on shame.

Being the oldest daughter of the Erza family, my father has thought of handing his company in my responsibility but I wasn't planning to walk that way. I want my own work and I want to earn my own experience from being somewhere else not at my own portico.

My mother is staring at me with apprehending hope in her blue-green eyes as a hidden excitement is capering on her face.

On the contrary my father is waiting for my answer. Momentarily checking his watch as if he was counting on the amount of time that I was depleting only to let out a word from my mouth and it's just a simple 'yes'.

But I know the 'yes' which I am calling an unostentatious word isn't an unvarnished word any more. Cause this 'yes' is going to decide the rest of my life where I am going to be tied up and there won't be any looking back.

"Can I at least see his picture?" I asked my father and it seems he is taking my request in his consideration.

If my parents won't let me see him then I would like to give it a name 'blind marriage'.