Case 4: Cycle

- Chapter 47 -

Nancheng eighteen years ago.

This is a city under construction. There are construction sites everywhere. Several huge chimneys in the northeast of the city spew thick smoke day and night. Because sometimes there is dusty weather, when the sky above is orange, the whole city is like a huge steel monster, waking up from dormancy and stretching to make a name for itself in the world.

In the city in September, the weather is still muggy and another thunderstorm is coming. The dark clouds blocked the sun, and the dust floating in the air made the whole world seem to have a brown filter. This time is rush hour. Located in a block not far from the north of Nancheng, the roadside is full of people in a hurry.

The rain suddenly fell, and it hurt a little when it hit the body. The panicked passers-by ran in the rain, looking for a place to shelter from the rain.

It was fate, and it was an eventful time.

Next to the traffic light post at the intersection, a woman stood. The woman was well-dressed. She was wearing a trench coat and a pair of flesh-colored stiletto high heels. She seemed to be waiting for the traffic light. Malu, she seemed to be waiting for someone, but after waiting for a long time, no one came. She quietly held up a red umbrella. The umbrella was bright red, as bright as blood. Such a hot color was particularly striking in this dim world.

Under the brown sky, the woman's eyes showed a crystal clear amber color. She was a little dazed, and the whole world seemed to freeze. From this angle, she could see a group of gray buildings. It was her prison, her place of chaos, and after enjoying this short-lived freedom, she would enter that place of decay again.

As long as she thinks of that place, all kinds of sounds seem to emerge in her ears, screams, coughs, snores, sighs, all kinds of sounds that make her disgust seem to be intertwined, and all this... It's all thanks to that person - the one who pushed her to hell...

She felt like a cracked egg, even if the egg liquid inside didn't come out for a while, it wouldn't last long.

She is nearing death.

The woman's chest heaved, as if she couldn't breathe. She raised a hand as if trying to grab something.

Then all the sound disappeared. Everything was replaced by the sound of rustling rain.

Those raindrops filtered the dust in the air, and a pale blue appeared in the distance of the sky.

The woman turned her head and looked at the tall Nancheng Tower standing in the middle of Nancheng. Suddenly, she had the urge to jump down from the tower.

In the end, she gave up the idea. She pursed her lips, as if she had made up her mind, gathered up her courage, and walked firmly towards the gray building.

In this battle, success or failure is tonight.

Her figure swayed, her steps were light, and she disappeared into the rain.

Eighteen years later.

Time is like flowing water, and it will pass before you know it. As time goes by, the memories of childhood become more and more blurry and hazy, like a layer of fog and a layer of gauze. Many things seem to be still yesterday, and suddenly everything has changed. Day by day, month by month, year by year, people have come and gone, and cities have come.

Today's Nancheng is completely different from a dozen years ago. There are only some streets and alleys, leaving traces of dilapidation caused by the rapid development of the past, like a delicately dressed woman with some faint lines at the corners of her eyes.