Chapter 107

At three in the morning, Wang Xiaopei got off the night bus.

As the bus drove away, everything became quiet.

Standing on the bus stop, Wang Xiaopei looked at the dark streets around him. All that was lit were the station name signs on the bus stop and a few street lights not far away.

The familiar road in the past has suddenly become unfamiliar. She didn't think, just a few hours later, why the city felt completely different, as if it had a different face.

Wang Xiaopei regretted a little, and instead of spending a few hours in the hotel dormitory, he chose to go home. She hesitated for a while, tightened the neckline of her clothes, and walked forward with brisk steps, even starting to run in small steps.

Now that the Mid-autumn Festival is approaching, the dawn is even later. At this time, the sky is still dark, and some hazy starlight can be seen. She can smell the lingering hot pot smell on her body through her collar. The smell seemed to be soaking her body in various spices for a long time. She made up her mind that when she got home, she must not be lazy. She should take a bath, change into pajamas, and then go to bed.

Wang Xiaopei works for a 24-hour hot pot restaurant chain. She just turned 22 this year. She was promoted to foreman at a young age. Today, it is her turn to work night shifts from 10 pm to 8 am the next day. The salary of the hot pot restaurant is not very high, and it is very hard, but she is very happy. As long as she works here, she belongs to this city. After a few years of saving some money and buying a house, maybe she can stay here. .

At 2:30 this morning, the hot pot restaurant suddenly had a power outage, and there was no sign of calling. The manager temporarily decided to let them off work.

After saying goodbye to several local colleagues, Wang Xiaopei went to her residence. She rented a cheap apartment and chose a shared apartment in the suburbs. Suddenly it closed early, and Wang Xiaopei didn't think much about it and took the night bus home.

She works night shifts all the year round, and has long been accustomed to being more active at night than during the day. On the way, she plugged in her headphones and listened to music, and she didn't feel lonely or afraid, but when she got out of the car and walked further and further away, Wang Xiaopei's heart froze. .

On the way, she was suddenly alone.

It was as if she was the only one left in the world.

It was pitch black all around, not even the stars could be seen in the sky, the air seemed to be splashed with thick ink, only the rustling of the wind blowing the leaves and the low chirping of insects could be heard.

Not a single person could be seen on the side of the road, and the usual breakfast stalls in the past had not yet been set up, especially when she was passing by a construction site that was not finished, this feeling of loneliness scared her.

There are no street lights in this section, and the built buildings are casted by huge shadows by the moonlight. The wind blows through the empty building, making a strange sound. In the darkness, there seemed to be countless eyes staring at her.

In this dark and endless early morning, all the senses are infinitely magnified.

Wang Xiaopei's hair stood on end, and he stood on the street and looked around in fear. She clenched the phone in her hand and opened the taxi app. There was no car nearby.

Wang Xiaopei thought about calling her roommate and asking her to pick her up. But she quickly dismissed the idea. It is now more than three in the morning, and her roommate is also a girl. Such behavior is beyond the scope of friendship. And the journey only took ten minutes, and when her roommate came over, she was almost there.