Chapter 174

Dai Xiaoman was still recalling the scene when he first arrived in Nancheng. It was winter, the weather was very cold, and the feet in the shoes were always cold, as if they had been soaked in ice.

With the help of people in the village, they helped grandma with white affairs, bought bus tickets, and set foot on the road south.

The two underage children went away for the first time. She and her younger brother got out of the car, only to find that their money had been stolen. There were only two hundred dollars in their pockets, and only three steel shovels were left.

She cried for a while by the side of the road, and bought a piece of bread for her brother to eat. It was the last piece of bread. She watched her brother eat and licked her lips. The sensible brother broke a piece for her and let her eat it together. She took a bite, and then told her brother that she was not hungry, but tears rolled down again.

There were so many people on the street in a hurry, so many high-rise buildings, they were dazzled, she felt that the city was so big, but it was so unfamiliar.

She was a little regretful, but after hearing a neighbor's statement that someone had seen her mother in Nancheng, she took her brother on this journey rashly, and then she paid the price for her rashness.

But if they continue to stay in the country, the grandma they can rely on is no longer there, and they may not be better off than they are now.

The city is so big that there is no place for them to live.

They stayed all night in the lobby of the bus station, and soon they came to a dead end. Their stomachs were rumbling with hunger. They went to some restaurants and picked up the leftover food from the guests. She went around and asked her mother's name, those people Some said they didn't know, and some rolled their eyes at her, seeing her as a lunatic or a liar.

She went to some places where she applied for jobs. heard that she was only fourteen years old and only had a primary school education. All the people waved their hands.

She had encountered an old man who came to ask where their adults were, but his eyes were turned to her, so frightened that she had to run away.

She not only has to support herself, but also take care of her younger brother.

Dai Xiaoman learned to beg along the road, but was chased away several times. The bench in the park was particularly disturbed when she fell asleep. In the end, she had no choice. She took her brother to the underside of the bridge. There are some homeless people like them out there.

When she was at the end of the road, she was taken to a house and opened the door. The man turned around and said, "From now on, this place will be your new home."

Dai Xiaoman thought about those experiences as if it happened yesterday: "...We came here not long ago, the money ran out quickly, and we lived under the bridge. Later, I met an aunt who asked us if we were willing or not. There is a home. Some people specially take in poor homeless children like us, provide us with food and clothing, and will give us jobs in the future."

"This news is a great thing for us, so my brother and I followed the woman. There are indeed many adopted children. Boys and girls don't live together, and my brother and I are separated. "

"I was taken to a private house, and the aunt who found us before was in charge of me. There were several girls living in that house, most of whom were younger than me. The aunt gave me a bath, and then praised me, "Look! I'm pretty good-looking even if I don't come out. In the next few years, she taught me makeup, cooking, and how to..." Having said that, Dai Xiaofei raised her eyes and looked at Song Wen, winking like silk, "Why? Seduce, please men..."