Chapter 92

On the fifth day after Chen Yanqiu's body was found, Zhang Congyun was taken to the interrogation room of the Nancheng Bureau. He is also the first suspect in the case.

Song Wen looked at the old man in front of him through the glass window of the observation room. Under the light of the interrogation room, his face was tense, and the wrinkles and ravines on his face were more obvious, making it difficult to see what he was thinking.

Today, Song Wen asked Fu Linjiang and Lao Jia to go in and ask questions. Compared with him and Lu Siyu, who looks gentle, Fu Linjiang looks more like a policeman in the perception of ordinary people. Lao Jia is also not so easy to talk because of his old age. He hopes Can give the old man some coercion.

The interrogation did not go well. It has been more than two hours since the interrogation started, and the information provided by the old man is very limited. When Fu Linjiang asked many questions, he was silent. He asked in a hurry and said he didn't know.

During the intermission, when Lao Jia came out to pour the water, he said: "Song team, this old man is just pretending to be deaf and dumb because of his age. He doesn't know anything when asked."

Lu Siyu bit his nails and looked at the white record book in front of him. From morning to now, he has not recorded anything of value.

Zhu Xiao knocked on the door and entered the interrogation room: "Song team, you asked me to check the whereabouts of Zhang Congyun during the time of Chen Yanqiu's death. Then I found this." He handed Song Wen a piece of printing paper on it. Zhang Congyun's round-trip ticket to his hometown for Chinese New Year.

Song Wen opened it and took a look. He went back with Zhang Lili and his granddaughter: "Have you checked the information?"

Zhu Xiao nodded and said: "I checked, he was in his hometown during that time, I went to call his relatives to verify that Zhang Congyun's hometown is in Lizhou, and it takes more than ten hours to go back and forth by train. never left."

Chen Yanqiu's body had turned into a mummified corpse, and the police could only draw an approximate time zone based on the results of Lin Xiuran's autopsy and the results of Fu Linjiang's search for the hotel owner to prove that he was killed during this time.

Now, Zhang Congyun's travel information just covers this period. This finding means that Zhang Congyun has sufficient alibi to prove that he was not the murderer of Chen Yanqiu, or at least not the direct murderer.

Lao Jia also came over and looked at the information: "I haven't figured out one point. Since he is not the murderer and has sufficient alibi, why did we interrogate him for so long and he didn't say it himself? This is not a waste of each other. time?"

Lu Siyu thought for a while, then looked at Zhang Congyun who bowed his head in the interrogation room and said, "He doesn't need to justify himself on this point, probably because he doesn't know the exact time of Chen Yanqiu's death."

Lao Jia said: "So, this old man is really not the murderer?"

"I checked their information. Zhang Congyun once had a son who died young, and Chen Yanqiu also lost his father at an early age. Maybe the two people developed empathy during the delicate communication process." Lu Siyu was talking and fiddling with the pen in his hand. He said softly, "We can question the strangeness of this relationship and feel that his behavior is suspicious, but without direct evidence, we can't say anything from a legal or professional point of view."

Zhu Xiao asked: "That is to say, if the communication between Zhang Congyun and Chen Yanqiu is not directly related to Chen Yanqiu's death, even if Zhang Congyun is suspicious, we can't detain him for too long?"