Chapter 4

*Dileep Pov*

I stared at the girl standing before me with surprise regardless of the fact that I am trying hard to compose myself. Is this the girl with whom I talked to yesterday?

"Prince? What Prince?" she asked again, frowning at me.

"I am Dileep and Prince of Ivaan." I replied, still frowning looking at her face.

"Ivaan? I never heard of it. Are you really a Prince?" she asked with a little petrified tone.

"My ancestors were the rulers, but not us. However, my family has the title, and the people respect that." I explained and she slowly nodded.

"Did I really talk to you only?" I asked her.

"Of course! Do you have a temporary memory loss?" She asked frowning.

"No!" I replied in irritation to her thinking about me.

"Your face tone and features were little different yesterday, and you had a bun." I added.

"I woke up at the time driver came so I didn't get properly ready because of which I left the hair down. And yesterday my friend gave me a makeover to look professional." she explained, and I nodded.

"You just get freshen up or something and have food, which must be inside the kitchen. I have some work to do." I said, walking out of the flat without hearing any response from her to clear my mind.

"Don't you have the office?" Mom asked when I entered the house.

"I have and it is still in its place." I replied, sitting before her on the couch.

"I have something to talk to you about." she said ignoring my joke.

"I know! You want to get me married before I took in another relation, and you are already searching for the prospective brides." I said leaning back.

"How do you know that? Did Mridula tell you?" she asked with anger.

"No! She always does what you ask, but I cannot say the same thing about Dad." I replied smirking.

"God! He just wants to wait until another son gets married." she mumbled to herself.

"Anyway, I am already in a relationship." I said.

"From when?" she asked frowning.

"From today!" I replied and felt relieved that now she will not search for any brides.

"You have done it purposely." She pointed out with a glare at me.

"Maybe!" I said, shrugging and stood up before reaching the garden outside to see Mridula taking care of small plants.

"Thanks for telling me about my mom's plan." I said kneeling beside her.

"You were there to play with me, unlike others when I was a kid. I have to pay back right?" she asked with a small smile and glanced at me.

"How is Tajwar Bhai?" I asked her before I could stop myself and her smile slipped a little, but not completely.

"He will be fine soon." She replied, assuring me and I smiled at her.

"Who is the new girl? Why don't you just say that you don't want to get married?" she asked making me frown.

Because until this second, I am trying hard not to think about Amrin but on her entering the discussion, her morning face just slapped itself on my face.