Chapter 15

*Nipuna Pov*

"Thank you for your time." I politely said and hung up the phone.

What should I do now? I thought tapping the phone on my forehead and heard someone clearing their throat.

"What?" I asked him, frowning without opening my eyes already knowing who it is.

"There is just one week left. There is still time to accept your defeat." He said mockingly.

"Really? I didn't know that you know how to count the days at all. I am really glad you know how to do it." I said, giving him a bright smile, opening my eyes for which he glared at me before stepping outside the room.

I don't know what happened because of which he is acting like a jerk, and I don't even know what to do to win this bet.

I sighed and opened my phone to browse through some other artists name, and then I saw the news column in a site. Why is she in the news? I thought before opening it.

Amrin is a painting artist? Who would have thought? I continued to stare at the news about her exhibition yesterday and immediately stood up, feeling a light switching inside the brain.

I took a deep breath and called her on the number which she gave when Mridula and I stayed at the flat. I just hope she is not angry at me for the statement and also for leaving the house, even after she told us to stay.

"Hello?" She said lifting the call.

"Amrin?" I asked her nearly stopping my breath.

"Yes! Who is it?" She asked, and I took another deep breath.

"I am Nipuna. I hope you remember me." I replied.

"Of course! How are you?" She asked in a normal tone.

"I am fine! Can we meet?" I asked her and gave her the address when she accepted to.

"Hey!" She said, sitting before me, and then I sighed in relief.

"I didn't think you would come." I said before ordering coffee for her and a milkshake for myself.

"Why wouldn't I?" She asked frowning.

"Well, that day we both left from your flat, even though you asked us to stay for breakfast right." I explained skipping the point where I kind of gave a bitchy comment when we met at the balcony not wanting her to remember it.

"I do not know about the work involved in the big mansion to do, but I do know about responsibilities." She said shrugging.

"Heck with the responsibilities." I said, remembering how bad I am in them and how I am feeling useless and shook my head but then saw her eyes widen with my words.

"I am sorry! I had my emotions and hormones under control until a few days, but now with the stress, I am unable to." I added groaning.

"What happened?" she asked frowning.

"That does not matter now. Anyway, I saw today's newspaper and must congratulate you first." I replied, smiling not wanting to burden her with my emotional roller coaster.

"Thank you! It is still the beginning." She said smiling back.

"I need a small help from you, Amrin. You can say no if it is too much." I said, but wished with my everything that she will not say no.

"What is it?" She asked, and I nodded before explaining the social work for many orphanages and old-age homes.

"At present I need funds for these both. Many prominent society people are involved, but they will not give money by themselves. We are deciding to conduct a charity show with art first and then many ideas later. Can you help us doing an exhibition?" I asked, pleading her and nearly joined my hands, but stopped myself.