Chapter 39

*Amrin Pov*

"What is she doing here?" Dileep asked, dragging me to the side when she started introducing herself to everyone.

"I don't know!" I replied in a whisper.

"How can you not know? She is your sister not mine." He said with a hard expression.

"I wish!" I whispered and turned to look at her.

"What are you doing here, Shilpa? And how do you know we are here?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"I felt so glad when you said you wish for us to attend your marriage. You are my sister so thought of being here for you way before. When you said the wedding is going to be here, I would have been here the next day but didn't know when you will come to stay here and where." She started explaining, and everyone started listening to her without blinking.

"Then, as I follow all your exhibitions, I found out about today and immediately came here. From the exhibition place, I got to know the resort, and now I am before you." She ended smiling.

"Stalker much?" I heard Nipuna's whisper, which seemed to be reaching everyone as they all tried to hide the chuckle.

"What can I say? I just love my sister." Shilpa said without showing any offending look.

"Ok! It is already late. Why don't we book some room for you?" Aunty said hurriedly before calling for a bell boy.

"No need for that, Aunty. I hope to be able to call you that. Anyway, I don't want to cause any trouble for you all. So, I will stay with Amrin." Shilpa said, and Dileep held my hand tightly.

"Now, if I sneak in, then it won't be good. You have to try it by yourself." he whispered, and I turned to look at him with wide eyes.

"What?" I asked, to which he gave a smirk before shrugging.

Everyone started walking to their rooms, and Shilpa followed me to mine. She looked around the room before placing her bag on the small table.

"How lucky you have become, Amrin?" she said, sitting on the bed and fell back.

"Yeah! They all are amazing people." I said, smiling at her.

"I was not talking about that. Anyway, are you really going to marry before your elder sister?" she asked in a serious tone.

"I mean... I..." I don't even know what to tell her hearing such an unexpected question from her.

"It's ok! I will let it go, and we will see what we can do to change it." she said and covered herself with the blanket before drifting off into sleep.

I sat stunned for five minutes not understanding her words and switched off the lights. I moved near the door to step out and reach Dileep's room.

"Where are you going? Come and sleep. We will have so much to do tomorrow." I heard her voice and stopped myself from taking a step ahead.

"We have?" I asked, to which she didn't reply, but I got on the bed before trying to drift off into sleep.

"Wow! The breakfast is amazing." she said when everyone stayed silent unlike everyday.

I glanced at Dileep, who is not even looking at me. I slowly placed my arm over his which he held but still didn't turn to even look at me.

"It is a great resort, so they have to make such food." Nipuna said like she is explaining it to a kid.

I glanced at Aunty thinking she will stop her, but she didn't even spare them a glance. I then glanced at Shilpa who is giving a too cheerful expression.