Chapter 36

*Amrin Pov*

"Dileep!" I whispered his name playing my fingers over his chest, and he just groaned, slowly before drifting off into sleep again.

"Dileep!" I called him again to which he finally opened his eyes.

"What happened?" he asked frowning.

"Today at the engagement, I felt really welcome. However, for many numbers of times, I felt like no one was there at my side. I mean my friend will be there along with Tanmai sir, but still you know... family." I replied before glancing up to stare at his face.

"We all are your family." He said frowning.

"I know! But, what about before marriage?" I asked and he slowly nodded like he can understand.

"What do you want me to do?" he asked smiling.

"Can I... can I invite my foster family?" I asked and he immediately frowned.

"That woman insulted you, Amrin." He replied shaking his head.

"I know! However, she is calling from the past month asking for forgiveness. I should forgive her, right? She was the family for some time to me." I mumbled, and he stared at me.

"If it makes you happy, then go ahead. If they do something, which can hurt you, then they are not welcome." He said, and I nodded smiling.

"I love you!" I mumbled kissing him before snuggling more into his hold.

"Now, go to sleep peacefully before hearing Mom's punishment." he mumbled back, and I wish she doesn't say to not even meet until the wedding.

Nonetheless, her punishment turns out to be something else. I looked at her in shock while Dileep grinned to himself, and we are standing before her in the living area.

"But... but..." I stuttered feeling my hand moving near to my mouth ready to bite my nails.

"Tell me what it is without fearing and don't bite your nails." she said, and I cursed myself thinking how can I even try to do that in front of her.

"I have an exhibition next week in Goa. It is impossible for the wedding within two weeks." I mumbled to which she frowned along with Dileep.

"Ok! You go and attend it while the arrangements will be finished on their own. We will ask your decision from time to time. So, now there is no problem right?" she asked after a few minutes.

"No! Nipuna needs to be with me along with Mridula. This is needed for the three of us." I replied, to which she gave me a confused look.

"I don't understand." She mumbled.

"Nipuna is my agent along with Mridula's. The painting of Mridula is auctioned at a high price, and at present the portraits are in demand. So, we are going to make more of them and have a big exhibition next weekend." I explained in a single breath before sighing in relief.

"Mridula? Painting? Auction?" I heard the same questions from a few people and turned to see everyone is present.

Nipuna groaned while Mridula looked down with eyes closed tightly. Aahil and everyone are looking at me in shock while Tajwar has the most shocked look I have ever seen.

"Oh my god! No one knows?" I asked everyone in shock before moving away from Dileep as he too doesn't know.

I thought of surprising him but with all the panic, I blurted it out. On top of that no one knows, and Mridula must be angry at me now and will reject to do the paintings to which she accepted on the shopping day.