Chapter 19

*Aahil Pov*

I calmly sat at the dining table and saw Dad walking towards the table with determination. I sighed and started serving dinner myself, which is every day's work as Mridula stopped doing it.

I didn't mind her that she stopped as I never just wanted her to do that work. However, I haven't even wanted her to stop just because she is angry or disgust with me.

"Did you hear about this?" Dad asked, sitting at his place with muscle twitching in his jaw.

"Yes! I got to know about it this morning." I replied and took my first bite.

"And you are sitting here having your food?" he asked like he can't believe I am having my food.

"I thought it is dinner time." I replied, glancing at Mom who is frowning at us along with Tajwar Bhai and Mridula.

"What happened?" Mom asked us, and I shrugged before continuing to have my food.

"Nipuna is going to give a speech to his father campaign day after tomorrow, and it is not a surprise regarding what she is going to talk." Dad replied shaking his head.

"That girl!" Mom said, shaking her head, and I frowned but didn't comment.

"You need to call her and settle this. Otherwise, your career is doomed." Dad said, and I sighed looking at him.

"People know whom to vote and whom to not." I said again shrugging.

"No! She is a woman and to top off that pregnant and your wife. This is more than worse, Aahil." He said in a hard tone.

"Let me have my food." I said in the same tone before staring at my plate, and no one said anything but just left the table after finishing their food while I stayed to enjoy my food more.

"Don't you have anything to say to me, today? Like 'I need to go and sleep so finish it fast'?" I asked her still half more to finish eating.

"Losing a career is not a small thing." She simply replied, standing at the opposite side of me with arms folded.

"You are feeling bad for me? That is a new thing." I said with a surprised tone.

"I know!" she mumbled but didn't move.

"Last week, I pleaded her to forgive me, and she did, but is willing to point out my mistake. What else should I do? Cut my nerve?" I asked her frowning.

"That is taking the matter too far away. Why do you want her to forgive you? You got what all you want right?" she asked shrugging.

"Do you women have a secret community where you all share what to say in a particular situation?" I asked her remembering Nipuna saying the same thing.

"You didn't answer my question. Now, you need not even to worry about a baby as Nipuna will never let any of us to even come near her." she stated, and I shook my head.

"I want that baby to be mine okay? I want that with my whole heart, but I did not want to get my hopes again like last time." I said out loud, and she seemed a little surprised but nodded.

"How do you know that your father is your father?" she asked and I frowned at her stupid question.

"My mom must have told me." I replied shrugging.

"What if she didn't say that, and you met him?" She continued to ask.

"He would have been a stranger." I replied, not understanding where she is going.

"So, even after being your father, he needs your mother to reassure you that he indeed is. Which means nothing else matters except the mother to trust the man to be a good father to her baby and the baby's trust in the mother. It doesn't matter whether the baby is with the biological father or not, but it does matter for it to be with someone who will be there to protect forever." she said and stared at me while I stared back at her with wide eyes.