Chapter 30

*Tajwar Pov*

After holding the briefcase, I glanced up to see her staring at the wall lost in her thoughts holding the carriage.

I walked near to her and took it from her hands, which she couldn't even feel. I frowned and placed my hand on her shoulder before shaking her a little.

"What happened?" I asked her frowning when she glanced at me.

"Nothing!" she replied, shaking her head, and I sighed before circling my arm around her waist.

Before she could react, I pulled her to me and said, "Are we back again to the word nothing? Tell me what happened?"

"I... I am thinking about Aahil." She replied, looking away from me, and I slowly nodded.

"Let's see if he does something, which can stop tomorrow's meeting. Do not worry much about it." I said, and she nodded before trying to move back.

"Let's go!" I mumbled releasing her and started walking outside the room, but stopped when I saw her standing at the same spot.

"Don't you need to be downstairs?" I asked frowning.

"No!" she mumbled before walking near to her cupboard and started pulling out the clothes one by one before arranging them.

"Is Mridula in her room?" Mom asked the moment I climbed down the stairs.

"Yeah! Are you going upstairs?" I asked, to which she shook her head in negative.

"I have some work in the kitchen." She mumbled before walking away towards the kitchen.

"What is happening in this house?" I mumbled to myself before shaking my head and walked outside the house, still confusion settled inside the head.

"Sir! Can I take a half leave today?" I heard my assistant asking making me frown at him.

"Why do you need a leave so suddenly?" I asked, still feeling stressed with everyone's behavior.

"My parents are visiting me today and will leave by evening." He replied, and I nodded not knowing what else to say as taking leaves became foreign to me, except I was not feeling well.

I entered the house tired only to see Mom arranging the table while talking to Dad who is already sitting at his place even though there is still half an hour. I glanced around to look for Mridula, but she is nowhere to be seen.

I sighed and reached the room only to stop in my tracks seeing her sitting on the bed and to my shock, she is idle. She didn't even hear my steps and continued to frown at her hands.

"Are you ill?" I asked, before sitting in front her.

She glanced up startled and slowly shook her head in negative before moving her legs back giving me the space.

"Then what happened? Did you even leave the room today at all?" I asked and she again shook her head.

"Something is wrong! You would never stay like this for a whole day without doing something." I said shaking my head.

"Why? I never knew that I have to work compulsorily everyday. No one told me about that." She said, frowning at me before moving completely near to the headboard.

"Hey! I am just asking generally." I mumbled frowning back at her behavior.

"Like I said, nothing happened." She mumbled and moved to get down, but I stopped holding her hand.

"Did I do something?" I asked, and she looked at me for a few minutes in silence before shaking her head.

"No! It was my mistake." She replied, making my confusion reach another level.