Chapter 45

*Mridula Pov*

"Mridula! Stop doing all that and come here." I heard Dad's voice and turned to see him standing near the door along with Mom looking at me frowning.

"I am just helping." I mumbled stepping outside the kitchen near to them.

"You can help me as much as you want, but you need to take a rest too." Mom said with a worried look.

"I am just bored." I again mumbled and started walking away from them.

"Don't go outside and start cleaning there, Mridula. I know you are angry at us and just say anything you want." Mom asked in a pleading tone.

"Yes! I am angry, but at the same time I can understand the situation, Mom. I am really bored with this little work." I said, lying a little about my restlessness missing so many people and mainly him.

"We both know about all the work you have to do at your house. Premila madam said so much about how you handle everything and how proud she is. We always felt proud hearing her words." dad said smiling at me.

"I will take a small walk." I said, turning around and walked outside the house in a rush.

If she talked so highly about me near them, then why did she always scold me or never said any words like this until the marriage proposal.

I shook my head and hugged myself before walking towards the lake and sat down, ignoring the darkness taking away the light.

After some time, I looked around to see it is getting more late and knowing well regarding the worry they both showed for the past one week, I stood up to leave.

However, before I could take a step to turn around I felt my leg slipping and fell down into the water. I gasped for air before pushing myself up and tried to reach near the steps, but it felt so difficult with the saree weighing more soaking in the water.

"Mridula!" I heard a whisper before I could shout for help and felt arms around me and then a moment on the steps.

I coughed and before I could say or see anything, I felt arms engulfing me tightly and heard some babbling.

"Did I hurt you that much that you were trying to do suicide?" this question made me come out of my daze and moved back a little before staring at Tajwar's face.

"I was not..." before I could finish it, he hugged me again tightly.

"Now, what will mom say if she knows about it and how because of her lateness you could have died. If she gave me the address yesterday evening itself, then you wouldn't have taken this step right?" he continued to talk and I suddenly pushed him away.

"It was an accident." I mumbled before falling into his hold with a thought that all of this is a dream, and I actually died.

After a few minutes, I heard my parent's shouting, making me open my eyes and saw them rushing near to me. So, he was not here, and I was dreaming.

I shook my head and moved to stand up, but immediately felt a hand circling my waist and another holding my hand.

"She is fine now." I heard the voice but didn't look up and just stared at my parents whose expressions changed from worry to confusion to understanding.

"Let's get her inside." he added before they nodded to show him the way, and he stopped at the car for a minute in the meantime the driver rushed near us before taking the car keys from Tajwar.

"I will bring the bags, sir." He said to which Tajwar nodded before taking me inside the house.

"I will go and bring some tea." Mom said, leaving the room after giving me a towel covering me up with it.