Chapter 24

*Tajwar Pov*

"I will choose the attire for you." Mridula said while handing over the lunch making me frown at her.

"I didn't say that I would attend the party." I pointed out to which she gave me a small smile shaking her head.

"I know that you will attend this party." she mumbled confidently, and I shook my head at her thoughts.

"Ok! Select a little normal color, but not a vibrant one." I said and she nodded, smiling more before we both walked outside the room.

"Seems like a good party." I mumbled to which she grinned, and I walked away nodding at her.

I don't know why she said those words to the women, but hearing the words which I am already feeling from that woman made me sadder and angry.

I am feeling continuously that Lavanya must be sad that I got married and all those thoughts. Nevertheless, hearing the same views from strangers made it more possible, and I took the anger on Mridula.

I just hope nothing like that happens in this party as I don't want another drama to happen and just lead the life simply.

"Sir! Why don't we start a branch?" my assistant said while we both checked the files.

"What I mean to say is, even though we started recently we got fair profit, and the business increased more. So, why don't we start another one?" he added when I gave him a blank expression.

"I started this with my family money, and I want to begin another one with my own money. So, there is still time to think about it." I said, brushing it off, and he nodded before we finished the work little early so that I can reach home soon to get ready.

When I returned, I saw that all the arrangements are finished, and everyone appears to be getting ready. I reached my room and opened the door only to see her standing before the mirror arranging the ornaments and vermilion.

"You are early?" she asked, turning back, smiling, and I nodded, walking near to her before holding her face.

"You look good." I mumbled before kissing her which she returned and stepped back holding her hand this time.

It became a habit of holding her hand or getting my hand held by her even in sleep. Before it was not a good feeling, but now I am more than fine with it.

Maybe I am getting more comfortable and by this, I can be close to my family too. I smiled to myself thinking of it until she shook me.

"It is getting late and you need to get ready." She said gesturing at the attire she chose.

"Ok! I will be ready within a few minutes." I said, leaving her hand, and she walked outside the room saying she needs to welcome the guests and look after the refreshments.

When I got ready, I walked downstairs and saw many guests already arrived. I glanced around to see my parents welcoming the guests and Dileep talking to someone on the phone.

Aahil is nowhere to be seen, and then I started walking near to the refreshment table only to stop in my tracks seeing the people that entered the house.

Mom and Dad look at them with shock, but got involved with the other guests. They started walking inside and then I saw Mridula greeting them making me understand how they are here.

Why did she do this? I thought before walking near to them and greeted them properly covering my shock and awkwardness except the surprise.

"It's been so long." The five of them said before greeting me, and I greeted back.