Chapter 13

*Tajwar Pov*

"How are you feeling, Tajwar?" I heard Mom's voice, but didn't glance at her and just continued to check my file.

"He is fine, Aunty." I heard the reply from Mridula, who seems to just enter the room, and I didn't glance even at her.

"I was not asking you." Mom said in a hard tone, and I looked up to see Mridula's widened stare.

"I was not asking you to enter this room." I said, staring at Mom, and she immediately took a step back.

"Look, I know you hate me for threatening you to get married, but I was thinking about your well being." She said sighing, but I didn't utter a single word regarding it.

"After he finishes his food come downstairs, there is some work for you to do." she added looking at Mridula before going away.

"Why are you so sad about her behavior?" I asked her when she continued to stare at the door with a sad look.

"Because she was like a mom to me until all this that happened." she replied before moving near to me and placed the food.

"Wow! I didn't know that my being alive is such a bad news for you." I said sarcastically to which she sighed.

"I can never expect your next words at all. But I really wish I can though." She said staring at me and looked down.

"Why don't you read me that book?" I asked, gesturing to the book on my side table.

"You can read by yourself, right?" she asked back with a confused look, but I shook my head and gestured her to read it.

After an hour, I heard a knock as expected and we both glanced up to see my mom standing near the door with a frown covering her face.

"I said I had a work for you right." She said staring at Mridula.

"He asked me to read the book." Mridula said, frowning back and then glanced at me while I sat there with a blank look.

"Fine!" Mom said, leaving and I immediately smiled after she left making Mridula frown more at me.

"I never thought I can get her irritated even with you." I commented and she slowly changed her expression from confusion to understanding.

"You just used me to read this book so that she will get irritated?" she asked before moving away from the bed and stood up.

"I wanted to read that book too." I replied, shrugging and then stared directly at her while she has a disbelief look along with something else.

"I am just stupid." she whispered before closing the book normally before passing it to me and then laid down on the bed switching off the light on her side.

"What happened? Why did you stop reading?" I asked, knowing well, she is still not asleep.

"She got irritated right? Then what else need is there for me to read it." She replied, moving more to the end of the bed.

"I don't need you to think the things I do as right at all. Don't forget that." I said, noting the anger, even though in a little amount of her words.

"I never said you need it." she whispered in a low tone, but I clearly heard her and immediately turned her around placing my hands on her shoulders.

"What is your problem?" I asked her, ignoring the shock on her face.

"I... don't have a problem." she whispered and tried to push my hands away.

"Then what is with that tone?" I asked and her breathing, which increased by the fear when I turned around is hitting directly over my face.

"Why are you talking like my professor? Asking about tone and all." She asked, and my anger turned into frown hearing her question.