Chapter 16

*Aahil Pov*

I continued to pace in the room and then thought maybe I am looking at a silly thing as a big matter. Nonetheless, she was with that guy, who is her Ex as per one member.

She should have told me about it, but she didn't, and then she went to the lengths to make sure I lose the bet with which I can burn the papers.

If what she is saying true from the beginning, then why is she stepping back from going along with the deal we had. All I want is that I have a clarity regarding her words, and if she had signed them, then everything would have been simple.

I rubbed my forehead and then glanced at the invitation again reading that Amrin is going to exhibit her paintings. She actually helped my wife, and I will not want her to finish it if it takes me to take the matter near Dileep.

"What are you doing here?" He asked opening the door, and I just walked inside, pushing him away remembering that I have lost a chance to be sure that she may be telling the truth.

"Why is Amrin helping my wife?" I asked glaring at him.

"She is helping your wife and not your enemy right?" He asked back rolling his eyes, making my temper raise more, but I tried to control it.

"It is the same here! Ask her to stop the exhibition right now." I demanded pacing before him to reduce the rage.

"Are you mad? The function will start in one hour, and you are telling me to stop it. Come to the function, bringing your brain otherwise don't. I don't want any disturbances there." He said, shaking my head.

"What happened to you? Are you so stupid to support your mistress work when your brother is asking you to do something?" I asked fisting my hands realizing that my own brother doesn't want to help me.

"If I had a suit similar to the one I am wearing, then a fist would have been attacked to your face this next second." He replied threatening me.

"What did you say?" I asked, taking a step before, and He didn't step back.

However, Amrin rushed between us from somewhere and stood with her back to him while I stared at her in shock as I didn't think she would be here.

"I don't want you to do the function." I said in a low tone, remembering why I am hear in the first place.

"A girl is called mistress only when she does something which a few people didn't want her to. I need to pay my respects to the title right? So there is no change in the show." She said with a cold tone, and I immediately felt anger on myself for saying those words, but I didn't mean any of it like that.

"I didn't mean that." I said, shaking my head.

"Get out of this flat where that mistress is living before you do something with which there will be differences between you both in the rage. If you love your brother, then leave right now." She said, showing me the door, and I left calmly seeing the pain in her eyes because of my words.

I reached the house and ignored calls from Mom and Mridula before reaching my room. I paced the whole room feeling my blood rise and with a wish to kick myself for losing control.

However, I wish I did something to stop the function and Nipuna had signed them. Nevertheless, all this is making it more sure that she may be lying. Otherwise, why would the guy show happiness, looking at her like that?

I wish I had heard their words, but their hug stopped me from taking a step near to them and the way that member mockingly said that the guy is her Ex, and they all met him.

"Aahil! Look, what have I brought from the exhibition?" I heard her voice when I stood near the window.

"I just fell for this painting and begged Amrin to let me take it with me. I didn't want anyone to have this at all." She continued and stood behind him.