Chapter 35

*Tajwar Pov*

"What is it, Mridula? It is getting too late for you to return to the room." I said finally after four days when she walked inside at the usual time.

"I have work!" she replied, not even looking at me and started walking towards the washroom.

"Today I am not going to let you walk away." I said, holding her wrist and pulled her into my embrace making her look at me.

"But I really had to work. Aahil too stayed with me until now." She said, fidgeting in my hold.

I stilled in my position remembering how they both were laughing today when I returned home between discussing the matters. I brushed away the thoughts before glancing at her face.

"This work will not be there after the engagement right?" I asked, placing my other hand over her cheek staring into her eyes.

"No!" she mumbled but didn't move from her place, and I smiled before kissing her, to which she responded after a minute.

"Ok! I was asked to buy myself a proper attire for engagement. Shall we go tomorrow and buy them for both of us?" I asked releasing her.

"Morning?" she asked, frowning while glancing at me, to which I nodded.

"Ok!" she replied, walking away and I smiled before moving towards the bed thinking maybe we can spend some time together making up to the time when I said we will go outside, but we didn't.

The next day, after getting ready, I walked outside the room and started climbing down the stairs. I smiled at Mridula, who is standing at the end and stood beside her.

I glanced up only to frown at my sight before and placed my hand immediately over hers holding it tightly.

"What is this?" I asked her in a whisper.

"Everyone needs to buy the attires as well. I thought why don't we all go and even finish small shopping for the party." She replied in a whisper.

"We have to pick up Amrin from the flat, and she wants to speak to you, Mridula. So, why don't you travel with me and also Aahil Bhai who needs to be with you to buy the needed things?" Dileep said smiling at her, and she nodded before removing my hand.

"Let's go! And will you hold the baby for a second?" Nipuna asked moving near to me.

"No!" I replied, walking away, ignoring everyone looks and moved near to the car before getting inside it.

Nipuna sat calmly during the drive and just held the baby for herself. As expected, we reached early and waited for them.

"Don't behave like I am torturing you. If not for Mridula's request, I wouldn't be with you. I can sit along with them, but she thought you would be alone, so I am with you. Remove that scowl face right now." She ordered glaring at me before walking away.

I sighed before rubbing my forehead thinking how I showed my anger on her and the baby. Didn't I explain it correctly or doesn't she want to spend the time with me only? I thought, shaking my head.

Finally, they arrived, but the women walked in another direction while we three walked in another. Dileep and Aahil started taunting each other, and I talked to them a little before selecting one.

"Now, we need to take one for Dad." Aahil mumbled, and they both started searching but couldn't select one.

"How would we know which one will suit him?" he added sighing.

"I know someone who can, Bhai, can you go and bring Mridula?" Dileep asked, looking at me, and I nodded before walking away towards the ladies department and searched for them.