Chapter 23

*Nipuna Pov*

"Why would she even do that? I met her a few days back, and she was literally glowing." I said, looking outside the car while Mridula sat in silence beside me.

"We will know when we reach there. Did you get the card to enter the flat?" she asked and I turned to see her staring outside.

"Yes! I can't believe that he just walked away and reached home just because she locked herself inside a room. He could have stayed and cleared the matter right?" I asked her frowning.

"Maybe he was in shock and chose to give her time. He is really upset." She replied defending her friend.

"I know!" I said, smiling and patted her hand.

"Amrin!" I shouted, entering the flat thinking she may have walked outside the room after he left or worse she may have left the flat itself.

"He said she locked herself in her workroom." Mridula commented, and it took us a few minutes to reach the room after searching others.

"Amrin!" I said, knocking on the door, and she immediately opened it.

"What are you both doing here?" she asked us with her tear-stained face.

"To have a word with you." I replied and she moved back, allowing us to enter the room.

"Wow!" I said, looking at the paintings already done and some half done.

Mridula moved towards the window and sat there pressing her knees to her chest, staring outside, making Amrin frown at her and then turn towards me with confusion.

"Dileep is sad and she is his friend." I explained before sitting on the single chair present before an office table with a system on it.

"I didn't mean to make him sad. I am more than sad and devastated here." Amrin said still crying without making a sound and walked near the canvas.

"What happened? I am a neutral party here." I said, leaning back a little.

"Yesterday evening we both went to a mall. We were just strolling and then some girl walked near us before hugging Dileep." She started, and I frowned at her.

"Was he cheating?" I asked her in shock tone making Mridula turn towards us with disbelief.

"No! He is not having an affair on me. She is his one of the previous women." Amrin explained.

"Ok! Did she do anything yesterday?" I asked her gesturing her to continue.

"She just hugged him and said she missed him and even congratulated on our engagement when he mentioned it, but I saw a question in her eyes showing how could I even get him. After some time some other girl walked by who showed the same look, and she was also in his life for a few months." she replied, and I sighed.

"You are jealous of them and just imagining it. Are you going to let them come between you both?" I asked her in a serious tone.

"No! I don't want to do that. I know he loves me, but both are so perfect. How can he love me? Maybe, just because I am not so perfect?" she asked and her questions didn't stop.

"Didn't you know that he had a past?" I asked her not knowing what else to say.

"I know! But I didn't know that he has such a perfect pasts. It is not singular." she replied and I actually didn't understand her.

"I was little taken back and was normal with him. I even asked about her, to which he said only nice things. Then I asked him why did he break up with her. He simply replied, he didn't feel any interest for her after a few months. Can you believe it?" she asked and this time I am with her.