Chapter 2

*Premila Pov*

"Don't cry, Mridula." I said, glancing at her, but she continued to cry but without making any noise.

"I should be with my Mom and Dad." She said between hiccups in a small voice.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, gesturing the breakfast, I was preparing.

"No!" She replied, glancing around and then glanced at me.

I sighed, finished the preparation and then knelt before her. She looks tired with all the crying, and I brushed the tears away before holding her hands.

"I know you should be here with your parents. But they trusted me to look after you. It can happen to anyone. Anyone can leave their house and stay at some other place with their parent's trust. Now, this is not my home, but I am living here because my parents trusted your Uncle. For now, until you become a big girl, you have to live here with us so that I can take care of you like your parents asked me to." I slowly explained, and she listened keenly.

"You will be like my Mom." She slowly whispered and then added, "Is it possible?"

"Yes! She trusts me so it is possible." I replied, to which she nodded and rubbed her eyes.

"Can I help you?" she asked, staring at me.

"Sure! I will give you plates, and you keep them on the table at one place." I said, getting up and gave her a few plates.

When I entered the dining area, I saw her placing them carefully each one at each table without my instructions.

"I have an important meeting, and I need to leave soon." Abivanth said entering the room, and I served him while Mridula stood beside me calmly.

"Did she have her food?" He asked without glancing at her.

"I know how to take care of a kid. I have three kids by myself." I replied even though I know it is unnecessary for that reply.

"I asked generally, Premila. Why are you behaving like that?" He asked, frowning at me.

"Nothing!" I replied and made her sit on the chair, but she shook her head.

"I will eat with you." She whispered to me and I nodded, not wanting to go against her wish on the first day itself.

"Where are the kids?" He asked, glancing at the empty chairs.

"They are getting ready." I replied, and Mridula walked inside the kitchen when I searched for water and brought back the jug.

"You need not do this." I said, taking the jug from her hands.

"But I help my Mom." She mumbled frowning.

"Ok!" I said, nodding at her and then waited until Aahil and Dileep entered the dining area.

"She is Mridula. Your Aunt's Daughter and will live here with us only." I said introducing them.

"Hi!" They both said, waving at her, and she waved back a little but stood beside me.

"I will go." Abivanth said, getting up and I nodded before serving them food.

"I will only eat with you." She said when I asked her to eat with them.

"Fine!" I mumbled and did as she requested.

"I will join you in the school next week. This month you need not to go as these are summer holidays." I explained after eating the food.

"Ok!" She simply mumbled and took the plates from the table.

I stopped myself from telling her not to do it, remembering her wanting to help me like she helped her Mom. This may help her to take the mind away from her parents! I thought and let her help me.