Chapter 8

*Mridula Pov*

"I don't want to learn this." I stated, gesturing at the glasses' in front of me.

"You should, Mridula. What if some guest asks you to bring something or even your husband?" Aunty asked, sighing but I just frowned at the glasses.

"But for each party, you are the one who always takes care of such things right? What is the need for me to do it now?" I asked, not liking the smell and different names for even the type of the same look alike liquids.

"Now, you are next to me. After me, you should take care of all these things and even guide my other daughter-in-laws when I will just take some rest." She replied folding her arms.

"You? You will just take a rest?" I asked, not at all believing her words.

"Fine! But I really don't want the headache of teaching them when I am not close to them." she replied smiling a little.

"Whoever they are, they will be better than me." I mumbled frowning already feeling confused with his distant behavior no matter what I do.

At least, he is calling me by my name as I am doing the same, and we are normal, but it's been more than two weeks since we got married. We should start knowing a little about each other right?

"I should start looking for a girl to get Dileep marry. The scandals are getting huge." she commented, and I frowned at her.

"Aunty, he doesn't want to get married right now. And there is still Aahil, right?" I asked her to which she rolled her eyes.

"You don't take the side of your best friend, Mridula. At least Aahil is just going to a few parties, and that's all without any scandal written about him, but Dileep is another case." She replied standing up.

"I will make some calls before he gets involved with another girl and takes this time of his breakup into my use." She added and walked away.

"Where is Mom?" I heard a groggy voice, and I looked up to see Aahil climbing down the stairs while rubbing his forehead.

"In her room! Do you want to drink anything?" I asked, to which he immediately looked at the glasses in front of me.

"I don't think they will help." He replied jokingly, and I looked at him in surprise.

He never talked to me and always stayed away without exchanging more than simple words, and now he is joking. Must be because now I am family or something! I thought, smiling at him.

"I know! And I was talking about coffee or even buttermilk." I said, getting up and he laughed before nodding.

"How is Bhai?" he asked when I brought him the buttermilk.

"He is fine." I replied, smiling and then remembered that he is not getting any nightmares after the first day.

"I just want him to be normal." he mumbled making me frown.

"He is normal." I said not understanding his words, and he looked back at me in shock before actually smiling at me.

"Really? That is really great." He said and walked away, making me still frown with confusion.

"Aunty is trying to find a girl for you." I whispered when Dileep entered the house in the evening.

"Tell her that I am capable of searching the next date by myself." he whispered back mockingly, and I hit his shoulder frowning.

"I am serious!" I mumbled before walking away while he chuckled, following me to the dining area.

"What is it I am hearing, Mom? You are searching for a bride?" he asked making my eyes go wide and Aunty immediately glanced at me.