Chapter 20

*Mridula Pov*

I gave a small smile to him when he came into the room, returning from work and turned to pick out his clothes he can wear to have dinner with his family.

"I will go downstairs and arrange the table. I already placed the night wear for you and come downstairs when you wish to." I said, smiling before walking near to the door, but he stopped me by holding my hand.

"I didn't lie this time." I mumbled, turning to stare at him.

"Will you not stay here to make sure that I actually come downstairs for breakfast?" he asked raising his eyebrow.

"You promised me, Tajwar. And I trust you." I replied, smiling at him more before walking away when he released my hand.

"Dileep is also coming for dinner. Place his plate too." Aunty mumbled before staring at the main door.

"He is so late." She added mumbled to herself, and I calmly placed the plates and an extra one at Tajwar's old place.

After a few minute's Uncle and Aahil arrived, and I glanced up near to the stairs waiting for him and smiling to myself thinking how happy everyone will be as he is joining them for real this time.

"Is everything ok?" I heard a sound and turned to see Aahil standing near to me.

"More than fine!" I replied, smiling and he nodded, walking near to his place before settling down.

I heard Aunty talking to Dileep and again glanced up to see Tajwar climbing down the stairs slowly. I smiled more seeing that he is actually going to be here.

"What is it?" I heard another voice making me look away from him and glace at Dileep, who is frowning at me.

Why is everyone chosen to ask me such question today? I thought before realizing I was grinning like an idiot anticipating the shock and happiness they all will feel.

"See for yourself!" I replied and gestured behind him when Tajwar reached near to the table.

"You are amazing!" Dileep said with a grin before walking near to his place, and everyone realized that Tajwar is with them and stared at him in shock.

I can see the anger surfacing over his face, seeing the shocked looks, so I cleared my throat and shook my head after which he settled down at his old place.

"How is work, Tajwar?" Uncle asked, smiling at him.

"It is fine!" Tajwar replied, shrugging and everyone started talking to themselves making me sigh in relief, and I started serving food for them.

"How are you feeling now?" Aunty asked him slowly and he immediately stilled in his position.

"I am fine!" he replied in a whisper, but with a hard tone.

I glanced at Aunty and pleaded her to change the topic a little to which she nodded, understanding my signal looking away from Tajwar and glanced at Dileep and Aahil, who are talking to themselves.

"So, is she still with you?" Aunty asked and I immediately wish she didn't move to that topic.

"Amrin? She is with me. Why?" Dileep asked her frowning.

"You need to stop all this, Dileep." She replied shaking her head.

"What if she tries to tie you with her by doing something drastic?" she added and Tajwar closed himself, but at least didn't leave the table and continued to eat.

I don't know why is he anger at Amrin? Maybe he is also opposed to Dileep's way of living like Aunty and feeling anger towards her! I thought shrugging before settling myself in a chair and started having my food.