Chapter 42

*Mridula Pov*

I contemplated for a second before entering the room and saw him staring at the mirror lost in his thoughts. He suddenly closed his eyes and shook his head before opening them.

When he started passing me holding the briefcase, I gave him his lunch which he took calmly and walked away.

During breakfast, it didn't feel like a new bride entered the house, and we were all happy just a few days back.

I sighed and thought before mumbling "Maybe it will be good if Amrin makes some sweet dish for tonight."

"Are you ok with it?" I asked her before anyone could say anything.

"Yeah!" she replied, nodding, but didn't glance at us.

"Even Nipuna can assist her as she missed the chance." I tried to joke, but she just nodded before getting up and walked away.

I glanced at Aunty to see her giving me a small assurance nod before leaving the table along with uncle except Dileep and Aahil.

"What happened to them?" I asked both.

"I don't even know how to fix it. I mean for before mistakes, we showed our love as proof for forgiveness, but now even after that we again hurt them." Dileep said shaking his head.

"You need to talk with her." I mumbled staring at him.

"Do you do the same?" he asked, raising his eyebrow and walked away when I didn't reply to anything to him.

When I saw that Aahil is still in his place, gazing at me, I gave him a questioning glance to which he slowly smiled.

"I am all ears to listen to your suggestions. You helped me last time, and I know I can depend on them." He said shrugging.

"What actually happened?" I asked, sitting back at my place.

Then he explained about him asking her dad for some suggestions and then the teasing of hers by shilpa which got supported by him.

"You actually let shilpa say that?" I asked him in shock.

"She always takes those things sportively. So, I thought she would do the same." He replied frowning.

"She asked us to promise that Aahna never reaches Shilpa's hands, Aahil. You should have realized how much she detested that girl." I said shaking my head.

"I know! I mean I understood it now. She is not even letting me say a word, and I don't know how to say and what." He explained sighing.

"First, understand her problem and then solve it. Explain to her regarding her dad's calls and even better show her he really changed and assure her you will not repeat his mistakes." I continued to talk and talk and he just nodded to each word.

"Now, what happened to you?" he asked in the end.

"I don't know what you are asking." I replied and moved to get up, but he gestured at me to not.

"I am not all that selfish to just ask about my problems. Now, tell me what happened because of which you are so different." He mumbled.

"I... I just lost hope, and I don't know how to get it back or should I even get it back." I mumbled honestly.

"Well, as far as I can think. Get it back if you feel like you should." He said shrugging.

"I know! It is not such a suggestion, but it is still a good point." He added looking at my frown.

"So, why did you never talk to me before when you were having a crush on me as per you?" I asked, changing the topic.

"My Mridula just became so bold. Anyway, I am telling you now, but don't repeat it near anyone. I felt shy to say any word to you." He replied in a whisper.