Chapter 21

*Tajwar Pov*

Before I could shake her coming out of my shock to make her stop saying all these stupid words, she drifted off into sleep.

I moved her away from me and moved myself to the end of the bed before turning my back towards her with her confession ringing in my ears.

I told her in the beginning itself regarding the null allowance of all these things with the life from me. Then how can she say this and to top of that drift off into sleep?

After a few minutes when I didn't get any sleep, I got down from the bed and walked near to the coffee table and sat down.

If she is awake right now, then I would have shouted at her. Nevertheless, what would I have shouted? I thought immediately frowning.

She didn't do any crime and all I can do is ignore her confession and then, she will let go of it understanding me. I decided that it would be for the best and then frowned.

What if she doesn't understand my behavior and ask me directly? What should I say to her? Even after knowing everything she did this then what else is there near me to tell her hearing which she can understand.

I glanced at the clock to see that it seems I have been sitting here for the past one hour with all these thoughts. I felt surprised by this and immediately stood up.

Why am I even thinking this much about her words while she is sleeping peacefully? I thought and moved near to the bed before laying on it.

I will not think about all this and just forget that she ever confessed anything to me saving both of us from some war of exchanging words.

This is not right! I thought waking up earlier than everyday and saw that she is still sleeping.

I didn't have the nightmare for the past few days, but today I got it in a more detailed manner. However, all I felt was a distance from everything that is happening.

Without waking her up, I got ready and left for the office an hour before the time I usually leave these days after changing the early timings.

"Sir!" I heard a voice and glanced up from the file which I have been reading for more than an hour to see my assistant looking at me with a big frown.

"What?" I asked barking at him in a way feeling the frustration of getting lost in my thoughts like this.

"There is a call for you, sir. I have been calling you for a long ten minutes." He replied, frowning more and took a step back to leave.

"Ok!" I mumbled before taking a client call and started talking about the new project that is going to start soon.

I was not kidding when I told her that I get used to the time I start returning or leaving the home. So, against my wish, I returned home early only to see Mom and Mridula talking about some decorations.

I opened my mouth to ask them what is the need for them but stopped myself before walking near to the staircase.

"Mridula! Where is he?" I heard a sound and turned to see Dileep rushing inside the house.

"I just gave him food, and he may be sleeping." She replied after glancing at Aunty.

"I will go and talk to him." He said, rushing near to the staircase and her eyes traveled along with him, and then she saw me.

"We didn't see you." she whispered and Mom too glanced at me while Dileep just walked past me not stopping for a second.

"I will be right back." she added looking at Mom before getting up, and I turned around before climbing the stairs and reached my room.