Chapter 5

*Mridula Pov*

I continued to smile even after entering Aunty's room thinking finally we can be normal with each other unlike in the past nearly two years.

"What is it, Aunty?" I asked her and released my smile when I saw her having a serious look on her face.

"Will you do something if I ask you to?" she asked, folding her arms making me frown.

"Of course! What shall I do?" I asked back.

"Marry my son, Tajwar." she replied and I immediately stepped back, not believing her words.

"What?" I asked her thinking she may have said something else, and I heard it in this way.

"Marry Tajwar!" she repeated and I shook my head.

"I don't understand! Why do you want me to marry him, Aunty?" I asked her frowning.

After a few seconds of silence, she mumbled "I think you are exactly what he needs in his life. I want him to be happy, which can happen because of you."

"Me? I don't know anything about him, Aunty. How can there be even one percent of a chance for that to happen by me?" I asked her hugging myself not knowing why did she even think about this.

"Your Mom wished for you to be married to one of my sons, and I too have the same wish." she replied, and I still didn't feel like I should do this but hearing my mom's wish and Aunty's made me sway a little.

"But... but I don't even know him, and he too doesn't know me. I don't like him too." I said, frowning and rubbed my neck suddenly feeling uneasy with all the talking.

"You know he was kidnapped right?" she asked to which I nodded, remembering one of the maids gossiped a little about it, but I immediately asked her to stop it.

"He got really affected by all the torture the kidnappers put him through and is still recovering. He... he is detached from all of us even now. He is not talking to any of us properly and is all alone without letting any of us enter his world. Now, all he needs is a caring person who shows him that there is someone with him." she explained slowly and I immediately felt sad for Tajwar.

"I wish there is someone who can show him that, but I don't think I am that person." I mumbled shaking my head.

"I am his mother and I know for sure that you are that person." She said stubbornly and I just wish she is not asking me this.

"I... don't think it is a good idea, and I don't deserve to be married into this family too." I said looking down.

"Mridula! If there is anyone I can trust to be in this family, then I will choose only you even with my eyes closed." She stated, and I stared at her in surprise and also with relief that I followed my mom's words and never disappointed Aunty.

Even after hearing her words, I felt like all this is going too fast so I started thinking what to tell her and how to say that without making the situation worse.

"It's ok! I can understand if you don't want to marry him and don't want to stay in this family connected." she said before taking a step to leave the room, and my eyes widened.

"Ok! Ok, ok! Fine!" I said in a hurry for seeing her having a look of disappointment in her eyes and slumped shoulders.

"Are you sure?" she asked, staring at me, and I slowly nodded, to which she sighed in relief.

"I know you would listen to me, Mridula. We will have the wedding this week itself." She said smiling.

"That soon?" I asked her feeling terrified.