Chapter 1

*Premila Pov*

"Where are you going, Tajwar?" I asked, still checking the letters and heard him huffing but walked near to me.

"How do you know that I am leaving, Mom?" He asked, moving to my front near the couch.

"I am your Mom. Of course, I know." I replied, shrugging and frowned at the letter I am reading.

"I am going back to college." His words made me look up from the letter.

"What do you mean getting back to the college? You still have an one-week holiday, right?" I asked him frowning.

"I know! However, I am going to some tour along with my friends. They all are returning from their homes to the hostel, and I am doing the same." He explained.

"And when are you going to tell me about it?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

"I am not a kid, Mom." He replied shrugging.

"You are just nineteen. You have to tell us about all these things." I said in a hard tone.

"I am not going to stay here and present for the stupid parties. I even decided to do a post graduation in another city away from home." He said getting up.

"You will not change your mind?" I asked him frowning.

"No! But I will call you frequently and will even take care of myself along with staying out of trouble." He replied staring at my face.

"Fine! If there is even a single trouble, then you will be locked in the house." I stated to which he chuckled.

"I love you too, Mom." He said walking away.

I shook my head and stood up before walking inside his office room holding the letter tightly in my hands.

"Next time you need to tell me correct numbers regarding the statistics in the city." I heard his voice and saw him talking to Aahil again about politics.

"Aahil! Go outside and play." I said, gesturing at him to leave the room.

"What is it, Premila? I was teaching him something important here." Abivanth said when Aahil walked away.

"He is just sixteen. Give him some break. Anyway, I have some important matter to discuss with you." I said sitting before him.

"What is it?" he asked checking the files in front of him, and I sighed before thinking about the matter.

"Your sister wrote another letter. When will you go and help her?" I asked directly.

"Can't she understand that I am not going to respond to any of her letters?" He asked in a cold tone.

"She needs your help and she is your sister. It is not like we don't have anything to give. Don't forget she has a right in the properties you got in heritage." I replied to which he glared at me.

"My Dad wrote them off to me completely. I have not taken them by coercing him." He said raising his voice.

"I know! Just a small help, Abhivanth. You will not lose anything." I mumbled, staring at him.

"Why should I? Did she care about anything when she ran away with that low-class person? Did she care when Dad got a stroke because of which he died in a few days of not being able to come out of shock? Did she care how she destroyed my only dream of to be a politician?" He shouted, standing up from the chair and walked near to the window.

"She just fell in love. She didn't know that it is stupid thing to do." I shouted back fed up with his behavior even after all these years.

"You don't know how I feel, Premila. Each day I feel like a failure when I remember the day I was not given a chance because of her actions by joining a person of low caste." He said shaking his head.