Chapter 9

*Tajwar Pov*

"I thought you were angry yesterday." I mumbled frowning when I saw her smiling normally and even giving me the carriage.

"Yes! I shouldn't have talked like that, but I don't know why I did. And I was not angry, but just a little hurt." She said smiling while rubbing her hands to the Saree end.

"Like I said you will not get anything in this marriage, and it is better if you don't expect from me anything." I commented before taking a step to leave the room.

"You are being kinder than I thought you would be after the first day of marriage. So, it will be fine." Her words made me still in my stance to shout at her asking what should I exactly say to make her understand, but I calmly left the room without saying a word.

"Are you still going to go to the office and return by the same timings like everyday, even after all these days of marriage?" I heard Mom's voice when I reached the main door.

"What did you expect, Mom? That I will magically change my timings just because I got married to some girl you chose?" I asked using a sarcastic tone.

"She is a good person." She said, moving towards me while I gripped the briefcase.

"So was Lavanya." I retorted fuming, and she stopped in mid step hearing my words.

"When will you forget her and move on?" she asked weakly, but I didn't feel any moment inside.

"How about never." I replied, walking away and got inside my car.

"Sir, you said there are still two days to finish this work." One of the managers said when I questioned him why the work is still not finished.

"So? Can't you just finish it before two days?" I shouted to which he stepped back but didn't look away.

"Leave the room." I said, waving and he left holding the file while I pressed my forehead.

"You are early!" I heard the words when I entered my room but didn't react to them feeling the headache increased even more from the morning time.

"I mean I know you are just half an hour early, but it is still an early time, right?" she asked, taking the briefcase smiling and then handed over a towel.

"While you freshen up, I will bring the food." She added when I remained silent walking near to the washroom.

"I am not hungry." I stated through my gritted teeth to which she immediately walked near to me.

"But I didn't have dinner with others today like yesterday thinking I will have food along with you." she said frowning, and that seemed to be the last thread.

"So? Do you think I really care when you have your food and when you don't? I don't care what you do and where you stay, but just stay away from my life." I shouted and stepped inside before slamming the door on her face.

I stayed under the shower for nearly an hour and then stepped outside to see a plate on the table while she is lying on the bed.

I took few tablets and then laid on the bed, ignoring the food and her before switching off the lights. After some time, I felt like there is a whole jungle inside my stomach, and then I remembered of not having the lunch too.

I sighed and stood up before walking near to the food and served myself. When I was about to take a bite, I remember her mentioning not having the food with other just to have it with me.

Yesterday when I got to know that I am going to eat alone just like the days before the wedding, I felt uneasy because of which I just uttered and acted whatever that came into my head.