Chapter 17

*Mridula Pov*

I think it is fine to open my eyes and no need to lay on the bed with eyes closed for another half an hour. After a few minutes, I finally opened my eyes and turned towards him to only see him still sleeping at the end of the bed.

When did he move there? I thought, frowning and slowly sat up. I don't remember when I even drift off into sleep and don't know when he moved away.

I glanced at the clock to see that there is still a little time for him to get up and immediately moved away hoping he will not wake up before I freshen up.

When I successfully moved inside the washroom and closed the door, I sighed in relief before staring at the mirror. I frowned, looking at the color on my neck and then remembered him biting there while saying something.

I shook my head when everything is just keeping on repeating and started having my shower. The moment I stepped outside the washroom, I felt a tug near my wrist and turned to see him standing there with his clothes, and he has a towel around his waist.

"I am getting late. Why did it take you so much time to finish your bath?" his question removed the blush and shyness within a second from my face.

I moved away in a rush and forgot about the soreness, but just bit my lip before turning away. When I moved to take another step, I felt another tug at my wrist, making me turn to see him already gazing at me.

"What?" I asked him frowning.

"I totally forgot, Mridula. I just glanced at the time and thought about the work only." he replied before moving me towards the bed.

"I will have the food in the canteen. Why don't you take the rest? And I don't have that much time to wait until the lunch finished." he said and walked inside the washroom before I could say a word.

Why does he confuse me so much? He was so sweet yesterday and now behaving like everyday. However, he still cared for me and understood the problem.

"What are you thinking?" I heard the question making me come out of my thoughts and saw him brushing his hair and also wearing the watch.

"Nothing!" I replied, hugging myself and just glanced at the floor.

"Ok! I have to check the project before the early meeting." He mumbled to himself checking the watch and walked outside the room.

"Are you ok?" Aunty asked the moment, I climbed down the stairs.

"Yes!" I replied in a normal tone.

"I heard him shouting at you for the first time. How is his headache now?" She asked making me frown and confused.

"Headache? Oh! He is fine now." I replied, smiling a little and walked away before she could ask something else.

"How is the trail for the ticket, Aahil?" uncle asked him when we all sat to have the lunch.

"It is going fine." he replied before talking about some other important matter regarding which he needs uncle's advice.

"So, how is he now? Is there any change?" aunty asked, shaking her head at uncle.

"I think so!" I replied, frowning because of her asking about him, I remembered how confused I got today morning.

"Don't know when he can get to live his life like all of us." she mumbled to herself and finished her food.

"You are early!" I heard Aunty's voice when I was busy with trying to set the table and glanced up to see Tajwar walking near to the staircase.