Chapter 21

*Nipuna Pov*

What just happened? I thought composing my stillness and glanced at my dad to see him having his food frowning at it and the paper.

Why is he here and that too when he knows I could have destroyed his dreams? He even said he will never enter this house, and now he is practically living in it.

Maybe he really believes me now and wishes to be part of baby's life. It is a good thing if that is the truth, but I cannot jump to any conclusions if it involves the happiness of my baby.

"No member in my party is talking to me. They must be very angry at me." Dad's comment brought me out of my thoughts.

"This is the time they should stay beside you." I stated before getting up to leave.

"I will never forgive you for this." He said like those words matter to me.

"Then we are even." I said, shrugging and walked away near to the stairs to start my slow climbing.

"You are here." I stated looking up from my book when Aahil strolled inside the room holding a tray.

"How many times will you say that?" he asked, chuckling before placing the plate before me.

"How are matters at the office? Must be having new hopes and more work." I commented when he sat before me placing the tray of food between us.

"Yes! But I already informed them that I need to be somewhere else." He said shrugging, and I didn't comment on his words.

"How is your lover?" I asked making him choke on his food.

"Lover?" he asked, completely baffled.

"Yeah! You said you had a lover that day at the party right." I replied innocently.

"Come on! You know I was lying." He said pleadingly, and I chuckled.

"So, what is the purpose behind that particular speech you gave yesterday? You could have done something else." He asked making me frown.

"What do you mean by something else?" I asked him feeling confused.

"You could have either say bad things about him, or you could have praised me." He replied shrugging.

"Well, I think I know more about politics than you." I said grinning at him.

"What?" he asked, frowning.

"If I had done either of that, then there would be a big headline about you in today's paper as a blackmailer of the wife. They would think, and your opponent would have made sure to give statements like you has influenced me to do that. And you have influenced and may have even tortured me to go against my Dad." I explained while he sat in shock before me while I finished my food.

"You are right." He said in a whisper.

"I am always right." I said shrugging.

"We don't have room for two people's ego." He complained and chuckled along with me.

"Ok! I need to go to the office." He said getting up and held the tray.

"You need not to bring me food here like this. I can come downstairs and have food at the table." I said stopping him.

"I have my selfish reasons for this. I do not want to sit near your dad, but I can bear breakfast." He said smiling at me, and I slowly nodded.

Like morning, he pecked my forehead before walking away, making me sigh. He was a danger from the beginning showing the care without his awareness itself.