Chapter 23

*Mridula Pov*

"Can you do something for me, Mridula?" Aunty asked making me glance up from the food, I am arranging before her in her room.

"What is it, Aunty?" I asked her frowning.

"There will be a party at one house tomorrow and the hosts are really important ones who make decisions for the family is having with government. I have to go, but I am still not feeling well right." she replied and I nodded, waiting for her to ask what she wants to.

"Can you attend this along with Tajwar?" I sat still for a few seconds hearing her request and immediately shook my head.

"He doesn't like the parties, and the outside ones are not at all acceptable. And I have not learnt anything regarding what to do while going to someone's party." I said, and she sighed.

"I know it is hard, and I would have asked Dileep but he is out of station regarding business. And Aahil can't go because he is in the political field which will cause scandal. Also Nipuna is already showing a little. Try to ask him." she explained to which I slowly nodded before leaving the room.

After everyone had their dinner, I look after the cleaning and walked towards my room. When I entered I saw him reading a file and closed the door before walking near to the door contemplating regarding how to convince him.

"Go ahead and ask." I got startled hearing his voice and mainly the words.

"What?" I asked him frowning.

"You are fidgeting with your fingers and have a thoughtful look which you give only when you have to ask me something. So, go ahead." He explained, and I smiled seeing the way he knows the little things about me.

"I... I just want to ask will you come to a party tomorrow with me?" I asked and stared at him for his reaction.

"Me? For a party? What kind of party is this?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"We are invited. I mean this family is invited, but seems like no one can go except us. So, will you?" I asked, pleading him with my eyes.

"For how long?" he finally asked making me sigh in relief.

"Just for a few hours and we can leave any time you want. I will also not like to be there as this is my first one outside the house." I explained smiling.

"Ok! I have an appointment for tomorrow evening. You reach the address, and I will come there from the office directly." he mumbled before taking the address from me.

"Thank you so much." I mumbled holding his hand while smiling at him.

"Just for sometime." He said shrugging before we drifted off into sleep.

"You are not feeling well, Aunty." I said for the hundredth time, but she just shook her head.

"You selected a simple saree for the party. How can I take a rest? Now, show me the others." She instructed sitting on a chair, and I followed her instructions.

"Where is Nipuna?" she asked when we finally chose an attire.

"She went, for the orphanage and will be a little late for work with a few organizers." I replied before getting ready, and she slowly made my hair against my protests.

"This is perfect. Now, just try to talk a little and not stay idle in the party. You have to do all this after a few years continuously." She instructed.

"He will be there with me right." I mumbled, trying to surpass the nerves to which she smiled before sending me away with the driver.

"You can leave." I said to him after he dropped me and waited for Tajwar.