Chapter 18

*Dileep Pov*

"Just give me a call when you reach the house." I said before hanging up after she said she will be a little late to reach here.

"You are here and I am searching for you everywhere." I heard Aahil Bhai's voice and turned to see him rushing near to me.

"What happened?" I asked him frowning.

"Tajwar Bhai's college friends are here." He replied and I immediately panicked.

"Who invited them?" I asked him, frowning and looked around to see Mridula welcoming them.

"Why does she try to make everything good?" Aahil grumbled and this time I accept with him.

"Let us stop them before they could meet Bhai." I suggested and before we could reach near them, they already saw Bhai and are even talking to him.

"He seems to be fine about this." Aahil said in a surprised tone.

"He seems to be happy about this too." I added, and we both sighed in relief to see everything is fine.

"Aahil! We need to talk." We heard Nipuna saying while reaching near to us.

"I have some special people to meet." Saying this Aahil Bhai walked away while I stood awkwardly not knowing what to say to her.

"I just can't believe you three brothers." She commented and walked the way Aahil Bhai left.

What did I do? I thought, frowning and checked the mobile to see a missed call from Amrin. When I nearly rushed to the door, I saw Amrin posing with the calm before the media and walked inside herself.

"Hey!" She said smiling with no nervousness in her features.

"Hi! I didn't see your call." I said, holding her hand and pulled her to me.

"It is ok! I kind of got used to them with these small shows on the weekends too." She said smiling and then we both walked inside to see Mom and Dad already walking down the stairs holding their hands with everyone clapping for them.

"They look like a perfect couple." She whispered from beside me.

"Everything is not as it seems to look." I retorted before I could stop myself.

"I know! I would have never believed those words, but I do believe them now." She said, surprising me and I turned to stare at her normal face.

"Are you ok?" I asked her frowning.

"Of course! Why are you asking me that?" She asked back, smiling and I just shook my head.

"Happy anniversary Sir and Madam." She politely wished them when they walked near to us.

"Thank you!" Dad replied, but Mom just nodded, making me frown at her.

"Few people want to meet you, Dileep." Mom said and gestured with her hands towards a group whom I know so well.

"I do not want to meet any prospective brides, Mom." I said in a stern expression and walked away holding Amrin's hand.

"You shouldn't have said that, Dileep. She is your Mom! Now go and apologize and also meet the people she wishes for." Amrin said, stopping me before I take her to the refreshment table.

"What?" I asked her frowning.

"It is their day and you need to do what they ask you to." She replied, smiling and pushed me a little before walking herself near to the table.

"I am sorry, Mom!" I said, walking near to her still frowning at Amrin's suggestion.

"You have been making it a habit. I am not going to make you to meet anyone. I will go and meet my friends." She said walking away, leaving me alone with Dad.