Chapter 16

*Mridula Pov*

The decision is so bad! I thought after two days when I miss the ease we once formed disappeared between us, and we are just being to ourselves not exchanging a single word appropriately.

"Why are we not talking to each other properly?" I asked directly not being able to bear the silence anymore and also the awkwardness.

"Let's talk!" he said and glanced up from his plate.

"I... thanks for coming home early." I mumbled, trying to stare at his face without looking away.

"I always follow a schedule. When I start doing something one day, I do it from that day onwards continuously unless there is a need to change it again." he explained making me frown.

"Why are you talking stiffly?" I asked, shaking my head not getting any reason behind it.

"Why are you looking away whenever you say something?" he asked back and I wish I didn't question him in the first place.

"I don't know! I feel the decision we took is a wrong one." I replied honestly.

"It is not wrong when you are not attracted to me." He stated shaking his head and resumed having his food.

"What? When did I tell you that?" I asked him in shock because I feel the attraction.

"That is the reason you rejected the next step, right?" he asked back, to which I shook my head in negative.

"Then what is it?" he asked, frowning and I glanced down.

"I just thought it was inappropriate to have any physical relation with no feelings. I don't know how Dileep does that, but he too know it is wrong." I explained.

"Where did Dileep come from in this matter?" he asked and I immediately face palmed myself in my head.

"You know Dileep has many relations right, and he doesn't like most of the girls. He says it is wrong, but he feels an attraction, so he goes with it. Then what we will be doing is also wrong right?" I asked, and I saw for a fraction of second his lips twitching.

"I am not going to have any relations outside, and you too will not have them. In this, we both are the only ones involved, and I am sure the marital status will convert all the wrong things to right." he said, getting up after finishing his food while I gathered the dishes repeating his words in my head.

"And as per your question, I don't know how to act. I behave how I feel, and I am not able to let go of the way we can have a relation even after hearing your no. However, I don't know why you are feeling the awkwardness." he added when I walked near to the door making me still in my stance.

I stood there for a few minutes before stepping outside and walked downstairs lost in the thoughts of his words.

"Mridula! You are lost in your own world for the past few days. And Dileep didn't return home even after nearly a week. What is happening in this house?" Aunty asked, but all I did was nod before walking inside the kitchen.

What happened to me? Why am I behaving like this? I am getting lost in his suggestion whenever it is possible, even after I rejected it.

What he is asking is not a bad thing. He is just my husband, and this is not some evil thing to do when others are having those many relations even before marriages.

"I know why I am not able to take a step forward." I mumbled to myself before stepping outside the kitchen to see Aunty pacing in the dining area.

"Aunty! Can I ask you something thinking of you in my Mom's place?" I asked her before standing near her making her stop the pacing.