Chapter 28

*Mridula Pov*

"Are you regretting?" hearing the question I immediately wished I didn't act differently from the time I woke up.

I stared straight at him and said, "No! I am not."

"I am glad! Ok, I will not be late today and don't forget to have lunch with a spoon." He said, tapping on the bandage he changed after he got ready for office.

After he left, I walked towards the garden and started pacing around. He always used to find out if I ever lie to him, but today he couldn't.

I may be regretting yesterday's lovemaking in the morning, but not because I really do regret, but I think I may just have to. I heard the words standing right here and still let him caressed me yesterday, but I believe him that he didn't mean the words.

So, is it still a wrong thing? I thought, frowning and glanced at Aunty, who is having the coffee sitting in the garden.

I sat beside her and fidgeted with my hands, thinking how to ask my dilemma. Because if I think to myself, I may regret it without actually feeling like that, then my life will never move forward.

"Ask away." Aunty's words brought me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked her frowning.

"You are fidgeting, Mridula. I know you have to ask me something." She replied, turning to look at me.

Her words just made me remember Tajwar's words. He too said the same one day and in the same way. I shook my head thinking they must be more than similar in these simple things.

"I... I just... I don't know how to say it." I mumbled in the end to which she sighed.

"Forget me as your husband's mother and talk." She said, and I nodded before explaining her how Tajwar is taking care of me.

"I don't know why, but I just... we just..." I stopped in the mid-sentence and, she nodded in an understanding way.

"And you regret it now?" she asked frowning.

"Not really! But I am thinking like maybe I should." I replied in a confused tone.

"Do you believe he meant the words he said about you as true?" she asked and I shook my head in negative.

"You mean you believe him when he said he doesn't mean them?" she asked, and I nodded this time.

"You love him? You want to make the relation stronger and not break it?" she continued to ask, and I nodded for both questions.

"Did you feel like everything is wrong when you thought about it?" she asked and I shook my head in negative.

"Do... you think he thinks about her while being with you?" she asked and I shook my head within a second confidently.

"Then from, where should you regret it? He is your husband whom you love, Mridula. As for his words, when you believe he didn't mean them at all in your heart, then what is the need of compulsory to regret." She said in a serious tone.

"You are leading the life as his wife, and you have to regret any act of yours if it is against your wishes or when you feel uncomfortable." She added and I slowly nodded.

"That's just mean I need not to regret at all." I mumbled and she just smiled before getting up and walked away when I sat in silence.

"How is your hand now?" he asked after a few days when we lay on the bed holding each other's hand.

"Only the marks are there." I replied, showing him my hand, which he took before pecking wherever he saw a mark making me chuckle.

"I really missed this closeness during the time we spent apart." His words made me look at him in shock and then feel the warmth's inside.