Chapter 26

*Premila Pov*

"Did she tell you?" I heard a sound and turned to see Tajwar walking near to me.

"About what?" I asked back before continuing to do the work in the kitchen while Mridula is working in the garden in the morning itself.

"I know she did, by the way, you are talking to me." he mumbled, making me stop my work and turn back to see him frowning but is lost in his thoughts.

"She didn't tell me anything." I said, but he gave me a disbelief look.

"I heard everything myself along with her." I added to which he closed his eyes.

"The meaning behind my words is not that. I was just saying that I am not cheating on her. There is my mistake in talking about that, but still I would never think about her or any other girl like that." He said and I immediately felt relief inside which I didn't show to him.

If he meant that, then it would have been my big failure, and I don't deserve to be a mother at all. I am glad that it is not true, but his mistake is still there.

"Did you tell her that?" I asked and he slowly nodded.

"I explained yesterday night, but she doesn't seem like believing me. I didn't wish to hurt her, but it just happened." He replied staring at me.

"You should have this conversation with your wife and not me." I mumbled folding my arms.

"But what should I tell to prove that I never said it like that? I was wrong, and I am accepting. What else should I say?" he asked frowning.

"I too know that I did a mistake by rejecting Lavanya without giving her a chance and asked your forgiveness for the past two years. If you can't forgive me, then why should Mridula do it?" I asked, to which he stilled before glaring at me.

"These both are very different, and you know that." He said fisting his hands.

"They are not and the day you understand would be the day I wish for." I mumbled, and he walked away without uttering a word.

"He must have loved her so much as he is angry with you for this long time." I heard a sound and turned to see Mridula standing near the back door.

"He must have but that doesn't mean that he had to live in the past." I said, shaking my head, and she just frowned before walking near to me.

"Can we forget the love we have for a person?" she asked and I wish she is not planning for it.

"It all depends on their wish, Mridula. And also the hope. At the time, even if a drop of hope stays it may never go. I love my husband and I never tried to forget it hoping something will happen even when I know it may be already too late. I will just confuse you more so get the answer from your heart itself." I replied before walking away to take care of breakfast arrangements.

"Are you fine?" I asked Nipuna in the afternoon when she seemed to be sweating a lot and also lost in her thoughts.

She replied in positive before walking away, but didn't remove the hand from her bump. I frowned and waited for Aahil to come but seems like he didn't go with her.

"So, I need to learn how to walk in these?" Mridula asked gesturing the heels.

"It is your wish." I replied, shrugging and she sighed in relief before pushing them away, making me smile, and she smiled back shaking her head.

"I hate them." she mumbled, and I shook my head.

"Aahil! It seems like Nipuna is ill when I saw her in the afternoon. Go and find out what is it." I said the moment, I saw him entering the house.