Chapter 4

*Aahil Pov*

"Finally, we will have a chance to show our rival that we are good at everything." Dad said proudly when I climbed down the stairs for the party.

"And finally, I have done something for which you are feeling proud." I said sarcastically before looking at the guests piling up into the house.

"I know I have been hard on you, but that is for your own good, Aahil. I always wanted a career in this, but look at me now. I am just a mediator." He said sighing.

"If your sad story is finished, can we welcome the guests?" Mom asked him walking near to us.

I shook my head and walked towards the refreshment table, picking up a cold drink. I glanced around thinking why are they making so much fuss so soon. I need to do something before I can get this celebration at all.

"Can you move Aahil?" I heard a voice and turned around to see Mridula holding a tray of another set of drinks.

"Shall I help you?" I asked her and helped her in arranging the glasses.

After finishing it, I glanced at her hands to find that she is shivering. I frowned and moved towards her asking about it.

"It is nothing! I am just little nervous and congratulations by the way." She said smiling at me, and I smiled back thinking about my crush on her a few years back.

"Thank you! I was just waiting for your wishes." I said and she finally stopped shivering shaking her head.

"Can you do me a favor?" she asked whispering.

"Sure! I will do anything for you." I replied dramatically, and she gave a curious look.

"If anything happens in this party, not mind at all. I mean I am not saying that something will happen, but just saying it beforehand to escape from apologizing later." She explained in a way babbling.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her frowning, but she just walked away saying she has some work.

I frowned, following her a little, but got surrounded by the people congratulating me. I politely talked to them wishing I can be somewhere else but got shocked seeing Tajwar Bhai climbing down the stairs.

Then I saw Mridula rushing near to him while Mom and Dad stared at him in shock. After a few minutes, she walked away and Bhai just took steps a little away from the people.

We three just came out of our surprised look remembering the guests and continued to talk with them. A few minutes later, Dileep walked near to me with some girl whom must be his new mistress.

"Congratulation's brother!" He said, reaching near.

"I just started and all of you are acting like I am retiring." I said shaking my head and hugged him.

"She is Amrin!" Dileep introduced, and I saw Mom glaring at the girl before I gave her a small glance and then again, stared at Dileep.

"He is downstairs!" I whispered.

"Who?" Dileep asked, frowning.

"Tajwar Bhai!" I replied.

"Do not joke Aahil Bhai." Dileep said smiling.

"It is true and I think..." I stopped the words, remembering the girl standing with us and gestured Dileep.

"Amrin! Why don't you go and take some refreshments?" Dileep suggested, and she nodded walking away.

"I think it is because of Mridula. She was so nervous before he got down and even requested me not to mind if the party gets spoiled." I explained and he slowly nodded.