Chapter 22

*Nipuna Pov*

"Hey!" I heard Amrin saying and glanced up to see her walking near to me with a big grin.

"Hey yourself! What am I hearing? You are engaged to Dileep?" I asked her the moment she sat before me.

"Yeah! I am still flying remembering his proposal from the past one week." She replied, blushing a little but her face is glowing.

"I am the one who is pregnant, but look who is glowing here." I said in a teasing tone.

"It's not like that. I am just happy that he actually loves me back, which I didn't think will happen and on top of that, his mother accepted me." she said, and I smiled understanding her shock.

"Tell me about it. I returned home yesterday night, but she already showed me so many concerns which she never did all these months." I said shaking my head.

"I heard this week that you went home and even Aahil followed you there." She said staring at me.

"It feels like a romantic thing when you use the words like that, but it was not like that. He stepped out of his line one day and showed me a mirror in which he could never trust the baby to be his or even trust me. I left, but he came last week saying he wants to be in baby's life." I explained.

"He was so rude on the exhibition day." She said, shaking her head and explained when I stared at her in confusion.

"They were about to fight?" I asked her not believing the words.

"Yes!" she replied, and I explained her a little about the bet not going into details making her understand that he didn't mean those words.

"Your art was a hit and the same day I got the members asking you to talk about it and come to a contract to do the exhibitions for them, but with full payment." I said the reason for which I called her here.

"There is no pressure, by the way. You can say no." I added, smiling at her.

"I will consider about it. But it will be good if I accept as we will be closer right? After Dileep, I am close to you in that family and then with Mridula maybe." She said smiling.

"Don't take a decision based on that." I said in a serious tone.

"I forgot to thank you." She suddenly said, making me frown.

"For what?" I asked her not understanding.

"Dileep said you kind of scared him that I am in a thorough process of thinking about others who will definitely respect me and forget him as he doesn't respect me. He said that is kind of scary moment for him. So, you kind of helped him in a way helped me." she explained, and I sat stunned.

"There is no need to thank me, Amrin. I am glad for you. No one is lucky to have the person they love to love them back." I said, and we left after talking more.

"It is already afternoon and you are roaming outside?" I heard Aunty asking when I stepped inside the house after a small walk in the garden.

"I..." I trailed off not knowing what to even tell her even after a few days of seeing her behavior.

"I will give her some water." Mridula said saving me and then Aunty walked away.

"What happened to her?" I asked Mridula still not adjusted to her behavior.

"I don't know!" she replied, looking away.

"You know!" I said accusingly.

"I don't know what you are talking about." she said walking away, but I know that she knows everything as she is not a good liar at all.