Chapter 11

*Nipuna Pov*

"Did you see this?" I asked him standing before the mirror to my side and grinned at his face through the mirror.

"It's a bump." He replied, standing up from the bed and walked near to me.

"Yeah! I am finally more than showing, and now it is not just news that I am having a baby." I mumbled caressing the bump.

"I don't think so. You are behaving like a pregnant woman from the past two weeks with your hormones and all." He said placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Do you think I am attracted to you because of the hormones? Don't sell yourself so low, Aahil." I said smirking at me.

"You are attracted to me?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"What do you think we are doing for the past few days? Playing board games?" I asked him raising my eyebrow copying him.

"You have an answer for everything don't you?" He asked before tugging me back, and I laughed, pushing him away, but he didn't release me from his hold, and we reached the bed.

"I need to go for my check-up, Aahil." I said, fidgeting in his hold and his hands stilled but didn't move.

"I will also come with you." He suddenly said, making me turn to look at him in shock.

"What?" I asked him thinking about pinching myself.

"Yeah! I saw that you were terrified last time. I don't have any important works now." He replied shrugging.

"Thank you!" I whispered, placing my hand on his cheek and stared into his eyes.

"It is nothing." He said, shaking his head, but it was for me.

No one thought about how I must be feeling and even my Dad, but Aahil actually wants to be there for me even though he thinks he is not the father. He showed me what I wanted from the beginning, even in lesser amounts.

Respect! He showed me that and was nothing but pleasing from the past few days. Why am I feeling the sudden warmth inside? I thought, smiling at him.

"Are you happy now?" Aahil asked when we stepped outside the hospital.

"Yeah! I asked all the questions I wanted to ask her for now." I replied, not removing my hand over my belly.

"So, you were concerned that you are not having morning sickness?" He asked, trying his best not to show any mocking.

"Of course! I read all those books in which it was told that I would have that. I am concerned about it." I replied, shaking my head.

"I mean really, Nipuna?" He asked raising his eyebrow.

"Don't! You already laughed in the room. So, don't do it here." I warned him, to which he just chuckled and got inside the car after closing the door to my side.

"So, just dropping you at the house right?" he asked starting the car.

"No! I need to go to work." I replied, glancing at the watch.

"Work?" He asked, frowning.

"Yeah! I work a little. Can you drop me please?" I asked him, and he nodded while I gave him directions.

"You work here?" He asked me frowning when we stopped in front of the organization.

"Yes! They even pay me, but I kind of give it back as a donation until I got married." I replied and stepped out.

"Wait! What do you mean until now?" He asked, stepping outside and followed me.

"It will not have anything to do with you, Aahil. I just thought of saving it to buy something on my own for the baby when he/she has born." I replied placing my hand on his shoulder.