Chapter 18

*Tajwar Pov*

"Wake up!" I heard a faint sound, but I brushed the hand away before drifting off into sleep again.

"You are getting late for work." I heard the voice again, but feeling tired, I turned to the other side and again slept off.

"Please wake up at least now." And this time I finally did to scold her, but stopped when I saw that her face is very near to me, and she is just whispered in my ear.

"Why are you disturbing my sleep?" I asked, startling her, but before she could move away, I encircled her waist with my hand and made her fall on me.

"Do you even know what the time is? It is nine o'clock." She replied when I didn't budge to release her no matter how much she tried.

"What?" I asked, staring at her in shock.

"Yes!" she replied, nodding and turned my head so that I can glance at the clock.

"I have been waking you up, but you just didn't wake up even a little." She added, and I frowned at her.

"This is all your fault." I accused her before releasing her and sat up when she moved away in shock.

"My fault?" She asked in a disbelief tone.

"Yes! You are just tiring me out everyday because of which my daily clock is getting damaged." I replied, smirking to which she immediately blushed before moving away to get down, but I held her hand.

"And then you are coming into the room very late no matter how many times I ask you to return soon." I added and expected her to blush, but she slowly smiled at me.

"I have a solution for that. Why don't you join with your family for dinner, and we can return to the room very early with not much work left for me to do?" She asked, and I left her hand within a second.

"Please! Try to return to them." She added, pleading, but I gave her a hard look before getting down from the bed and started getting ready before I get anymore late for the office ignoring her calls.

"Don't be mad at me." She whispered slowly, hugging me from behind with little hesitance when I was busy in combing my hair.

"I am not." I mumbled before turning around, but she still continued to look at me with a worried expression.

I slowly kissed her, after which she got assured that I am not angry with her. Why would I even be mad at her and make her behave warily near me when she is the only one because of whom I need not to live alone thinking awful things and can actually live normally?

"What is this, Aahil? Don't you really want to win this ticket?" I heard Dad shouting when we both started climbing down the stairs.

"Give me a break, Dad. It is not anything like I have lost already. There is still time and I will show you what I can achieve." Aahil shouted back, making me frown and Mridula sighed from beside me.

"Does this happen everyday?" I asked her and she slowly nodded.

"Uncle is just a little worried for Aahil." She replied, shaking her head and we both turned back to see Mom, Dad and Aahil staring at me with wide eyes.

"Great!" I mumbled and started walking near to the door while Mridula explained to them that I just woke up late when Mom asked her.

"Will you return soon?" she slowly asked when I moved to get inside the car holding my car.

"We will see." I replied already knowing it will irritate her or that is the only thing that irritates her or that's the only thing I know.

"Not fair!" she mumbled when I closed the door, but waved when I drove away.