Chapter 22

*Mridula Pov*

For the past two days, I think we are fine. We are not sharing any words, but still we are fine. He is joining everyone for dinner and leaving for office not at five o'clock.

So, we are really fine! I thought, nodding to myself and turned to see Dileep sitting on the bench in silence. I reached near to him after washing my hands finishing the work with watering the plants.

"Did something happen?" I asked hearing, which he glanced up but again looked down.

"No!" he replied, shaking his head.

"You are staying here for the past two days and not saying a word to any of us." I stated to which he sighed.

"I am just angry." He said making me frown because I don't remember something happening, which would make him angry.

"You can tell me." I offered but he shook his head, and I slowly walked away not knowing what else to say.

In the evening, I glanced at the door to see that Tajwar didn't return home, and I started taking care of the dinner arrangements before calling everyone.

Dileep, Nipuna and Aahil reached the area, but not Aunty and Uncle. I walked inside the kitchen to bring out the food and stopped near the door hearing my name while returning from the kitchen.

"Why can't you leave your brother alone? He is not a kid." Nipuna retorted.

"That's right! Mridula in the evening and now you. You both need to back off." Dileep said, shaking his head and Nipuna gave a victory look.

"That's because we care for you, which cannot be known to an outsider." Aahil stated making me frown, but I walked near to the table before placing the food and then glanced at Aahil.

What does he mean by outsider? She is his wife and not a stranger right? I thought frowning thinking how he is always saying mean things for Nipuna.

Maybe all the husbands are like this but Tajwar never talked with this meanness with me, and even if he did, he immediately apologized in his own way of words.

Aahil glanced at me and questioned me with his eyes, but I just looked away knowing well that I am staring at him lost in the thought of Tajwar.

"You are late." I mumbled, standing up from the chair when I saw Tajwar walking towards the stairs after everyone left and must be even sleeping.

"You are here?" he asked with a shock tone and walked near to the table.

"Yeah! Shall I bring food to the room?" I asked placing the food on a plate for both of us.

"We can eat here. What need is there to bring all this to the room?" he asked before sitting down, and I nodded to his suggestion.

We both started having our food in complete silence and then returned to our room together. He walked away to freshen up while I started arranging the bed.

"Are you still angry with me?" I heard the question and turned around to see him standing behind me with folded arms.

"I am not angry at all." I replied frowning to which he shook his head.

"That's not how it was for the past few days." he stated and I immediately held his hand.

"We are fine." I said in an assuring tone, and he gave a small smile before holding my hand back.

"I am glad that you understood." He said, and I smiled back even though I didn't get his words completely thinking regarding what I am understanding.

"There was an important meeting and that just prolonged for so long because of which I returned home late." He added in an explaining manner.