Chapter 48

*Tajwar Pov*

I slowly started stepping outside the room without making a sound, but suddenly felt someone's breath behind me making me turned around only to jump back.

"You startled me!" I mumbled glaring at Dileep.

"Where are you going, Bhai?" I heard the sound, but his lips didn't move and glanced behind him to see Aahil sitting up and not sleeping like I saw a few seconds back.

"Into the lake for a bath. Do you both wish to come?" I asked in a whisper, to which they both rolled their eyes.

"Fine! Whatever you do, we want to wish you the best of luck." Dileep said forwarding his hand.

"She shouldn't be hurt." Aahil mumbled and I sighed, nodding before successfully walking outside the room and walked near to the fields nearly running.

I rubbed my hands feeling cold and started waiting for her as it is past ten minutes of the time I told her to come here. Maybe she couldn't wake up! I thought, frowning, but decided to wait for five more minutes.

Then I saw her walking near to me covered in a small blanket. I smiled before reaching near her and pulled her more into the fields until we reached the tree I felt more comfortable to sit with proper rocks.

"Sorry! Nipuna and Amrin woke up and started saying to give you a chance and mainly Amrin." Mridula babbled the moment, we stopped rubbing her cheeks.

"I love you!" I whispered, hearing which she stopped her babble and started rubbing her hands.

"Happy first-year anniversary!" I added before she could say anything, and she just stared at me with a frown before her eyes widened.

"I forgot!" she whispered, covering her mouth.

"I too would have forgotten but there is one person who never made me do it at all." I mumble caressing her cheek.

"Who?" she asked, frowning and held my hand tightly with a tight grip.

"My assistant!" I replied, to which her grip tightened along with the frown making me laugh.

"He always says, Sir! From the past three months, you have changed as you got married. Sir! From the past six months, you are taking more leaves as you got married." I mumbled hearing, which she glanced down, removing her hold.

"That's how I remembered everything, and as you heard it is he, you need not to feel jealous." I added to which her cheeks warmed up, but she shook her head before hugging me.

"Wish you the same." She whispered as we both sat down with her blanket covering both of us from the mist.

"So, you called me here for this?" she asked when we sat in silence for a few minutes.

"Do you still doubt that I don't love you?" I asked staring at her face.

"It's not that I don't believe you, but it's just that I always felt it would never happen. So, I took all this time to let it sink in." she replied paying with my fingers.

"What do you mean by the word took and not taking?" I asked observing her words.

She smiled at me before mumbling "I love you!"

"You really?" I asked before I could give any reaction hearing her words.

"Do you also need a few days to let them sink in?" she asked, smiling more and I shook my head before pressing my lips to hers.

I moved my hands to her waist and pulled her onto my lap before kissing her more which she returned with the same passion and stopped when we were out of breath.