Chapter 3

*Premila Pov*

"How many times do I just have to tell you not to come home like this? Next year will be the final. Do you really want to score bad?" I asked, folding my arms when she entered the house.

"I will score ok." She said, fidgeting with her hands.

"You shouldn't come home every week, Mridula." I said in a stern voice.

"I did come home only on holidays in the first year, but you didn't take care of yourself at all." She mumbled walking near to me.

"And you can take care of me?" I asked her raising my eyebrow.

"I try to." She replied, and I shook my head.

"Go and freshen up. In a few minutes, food will be served." I said before walking away not saying anything else to her.

"Mom! Dad! I need to talk with you guys." I heard Aahil's voice and looked up from the books to see him entering the library.

"What is it?" Abivanth asked him.

"Shreya is pregnant." Aahil replied, and we both sat stunned in our places.

"What?" I asked, standing up.

"She is pregnant and I thought of marrying her." He replied looking down.

"You are right. Otherwise, this will have a bad effect on your career, which didn't even start." Abivanth said nodding.

"Getting a girl pregnant outside the marriage? I expected better from you, Aahil." I said, staring at him with disappointment and walked away.

"What happened?" Mridula asked when I entered the guest house.

I explained everything, and she sat stunned in her place. She slowly stood up and gave me water before sitting before me.

"Everything will be fine." She said, assuring me.

"Promise me that you will not do such stupid things at all." I said threatening her remembering the way Dileep started his relations along with the company.

"I would never! I want kids, but I want them with my husband." She said smiling.

"What did you think about that?" I asked knowing she would not be my daughter-in-law.

I couldn't make her marry Dileep with his way of living with mistresses, one after the other and then Aahil with him marrying his best friend. And Tajwar is out of the question with the age difference.

"After finishing the studies, I will go for a job. When you find some nice groom for me, I will marry him and show them how you gave me the knowledge about the way a home is made." She replied and continued to talk while I listened in silence.

"I wish!" I mumbled smiling at her, to which she frowned but continued to talk.

"Finally, everything is finished." Mridula mumbled from beside me, and I nodded, feeling tired with all the work.

"Without your help, I wouldn't have made even half of it." I said, glancing at the arrangements for the wedding tomorrow.

"Mom!" I heard Aahil's voice and then glanced to see him walking near to me.

"Ask him what he wants to say." I said turning towards Mridula.

"Shreya is not pregnant at all." His words made me turn towards him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked him not believing his words.

"This was all a trap to marry me. I asked for a doctor's test today morning and said I will accompany her. She was not able to add any new ideas and blurted out the truth." He replied.