Chapter 9

*Aahil Pov*

"What happened to you?" I asked Dileep on his second day of unusual stay here, and he ignored me as usual.

"Did you send her away?" I asked the next question while still waiting for the food to the dining table and even for our parents.

"I wish!" He replied in a whisper, and I heard a snort from beside me.

"Stay away from this, Nipuna." I warned her.

"What will you do if I don't?" She asked back, and I turned to see her already staring at me.

"Why can't you leave me alone?" I asked glaring at her.

"Why can't you leave your brother alone? He is not a kid." She retorted.

"That's right! Mridula in the evening and now you. You both need to back off." Dileep said, shaking his head and Nipuna gave a victory look.

"That's because we care for you, which cannot be known to an outsider." I stated and she stared at me with a blank expression before staring at the plate.

I glanced up to see Mridula frowning at me and looked away when I gestured at her about what happened. I sighed and then glanced at Nipuna to see her still staring at the plate.

"Did you get hurt or what because of my words?" I asked her when we entered our room.

"No! But you got hurt yourself because of your words." She replied turning around.

"How?" I asked her frowning.

"Now, I am sure I will not sign any papers." She replied, shrugging and walked near to the bed.

"You can't blackmail me with them." I pointed out not knowing what to do with this mess.

"I can and I will. If you don't respect me, then I am sure will not respect your wishes." She mumbled lying on the bed.

"I will find a way." I mumbled, but she didn't retort anything to it and just drifted off into sleep.

"Wake up!" I felt someone shaking me and opened my eyes to see Nipuna's face very near to me.

"What?" I asked her frowning, and she rolled her eyes before holding my hands.

I looked down to find that I am holding her and that too tightly. She suddenly smirked, saying, "Looks like you really think I am a bad person even in your dreams."

"Why?" I asked, not understanding her words.

"Your grip is very tight like someone holds a thief or something." She replied and this time I rolled my eyes at her observations before removing my hands forcefully because of which she suddenly fell on me.

My eyes widened along with hers, and I placed my hands around her without my full intention making her lock in my embrace. She fidgeted for a few minutes and then sighed before lying on me like that.

"I got already tired to make myself release from your hold before, and now I do not have any more energy." She whispered before hugging me back and relaxed.

"Do not act like you are not enjoying this." I said mocking her.

"Who said I am not enjoying?" She asked, looking up to stare into my eyes, and I stilled in shock.

I slowly leaned my face to press my lips to hers, but she stopped me placing her hand on my mouth mumbling "You really do not want to do that."

Hearing her words, I released her with which she moved away before getting up and walked towards the washroom. What the hell was I trying to do now? I asked myself slapping my head.