Former Fighter

Pairing: Chaol Westfall x reader
Warning: none(?)
Note: part 2 of Pit Fights
Requested by: no one

                                              As Chaol promised, he made sure the children were well taken care of. A handful of children were taken in by other families while the rest, well, you took them in instead. You had bought a house not far from the castle so you were able to return back to them with a full dinner for them.

                                             Dorian was the first to join you for the first dinner at your new house and the children were all delighted. Chaol was the next to join the next dinner and the children were even more excited for Chaol. You couldn't even formally greet Chaol, the children had dragged him to the living room to show him around while you finished making dinner.

                                              "The children seem to be happy here," Chaol said, watching the children play together after dinner. "It's because of you this happened, you know," you point out. You faintly smiled at the laughter of happy children then heard some arguing coming from two older boys. "I better break that up," you sighed. "I got it. You finish cleaning the dishes, I'll join you once I break them up." Chaol offered, he got up to stop it.

                                              You gathered the empty dishes up then started to wash them. You heard a stool being dragged over, you looked down to see one of the youngest girl's climbing onto the stool. "Are you and Mr. Westfall dating?" The little girl innocently asked making you choke. "What have you been teaching these kids?" Chaol joked. "Nothing! Nothing but reading and writing!" You protested. "Yeah, yeah," Chaol sarcastically said. "Go on, you. Shoo, shoo." The little girl giggled, sliding off the stool to join the rest of the children.

                                             "I swear, those boys are teaching those girls unnecessary things," you complained. "They're kids, Y/n. Let them have their fun," Chaol said, drying off a plate. "Oh, sure," you sarcastically said. "We have a double shift tomorrow," Chaol adds making you groan then gasp. "Who's going to take care of the children?!?"

~that night~

                                              Chaol had asked Nesryn Faliq to look after the kids while you and Chaol did your double shift. You leaned against the wall, rubbing your eyes from the lack of sleep. You were pretty sure it was past midnight. "Y/n?" Chaol said, he gently shook your shoulder gently. "Mhm?" Was your response. "It's barely our second shift and you're falling asleep on me?" Chaol sighs. "Hey, I've been a guard for a month now, you can't blame me," you grumbled, Chaol sighs again. "Head home," you arched an eyebrow at him. "Excuse me?" You replied. "Head home. Ress will cover for you." Chaol repeated, you faintly smiled at him as you gave Chaol a tight hug. "Thanks."

                                              Chaol's shift was also covered by Brullo. Once the front door to your house opened, there was loud cheering and the children bombarded you and Chaol with hugs. "What took you so long?" One of the children whines. "Double shift," you replied. "Where's Nesryn?" Chaol cut in. "Here," said Nesryn. "The children were determined to stay up and wait for you to come home," Nesryn explained. "Well," you started. "Get your butts to bed. Get to it." The children all whined but did they were told.

                                               Nesryn waved bye to you both then headed home herself. Chaol was making sure the children were all in bed and saw him shutting the final door to the children's bedroom. "That's the last of them," Chaol told you. "Usually it takes longer to get them in bed," you admitted. "Whenever I come home, all they demand to hear about is you," Chaol chuckled. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah. You're like a father to these kids, Chaol. These kids never got the chance to have a mother or fatherly love and now they do. Thank you for that."

                                              Chaol had to return back to the castle, with one hand on the doorknob, he looked at you, wanting to say 'goodnight' to you before leaving but you had other plans. You kissed his cheek then sent him on his way. Except Chaol didn't move from his position from the shut door.

                                               You were heading upstairs when you heard knocking, you walked back down and opened the door. "Chaol? What are you-mhm." You were cut off by lips pressed against yours. "Pay up, you lot! I told you they were going to kiss at some point!" A boy shouted in glee while the others groaned and whined. "Kids!"