Attached

Pairing: Lorcan Salvaterre x child!reader
Warning: none
Note: your mother's name will be given.
Requested by: no one

                                                 Lorcan groans when he opened his eyes, the sudden brightness is not helping. "Ah, you're awake," a female said. "About time too," she adds, Lorcan looks around and finds the female sitting by the bed be laid on. "Who are you? Where am I?" Lorcan demands. "Relax. You're safe," the female said. "Oh, and I wouldn't bother trying to leave, unless you want to bleed out real quick."

                                                 It took several days for his wound on his side to heal enough for him to walk around the house. The female, Sina, and her daughter, Y/n, were the only ones who lived in the house. "And the father of Y/n?" Lorcan asked. "He died during a battle," Sina softly said. "You may not realize it, but you do look a lot like Y/n's father." Sina said, nodding at a direction.

                                              Lorcan followed it and saw Y/n peering over a corner, her eyes trained on him. Because his magic is depleted, his instincts became a bit sluggish and didn't realize the child had somehow snuck up on him like that.

                                              "Her father was a great warrior, he taught her how to stay silent as she walks or runs, how to wield a blade whether it's a sword, knife, machete, or dagger," Sina said. "She may be a child, she may look innocent, but when she's provoked she will attack."

                                               The next day, Sina checked Lorcan's wound and deemed him well enough to leave. As he left, Lorcan spotted Y/n heading to the forest with a bag thrown over her shoulder. Lorcan followed her, keeping quiet, letting her keep going.

                                              Lorcan stopped when he saw Y/n entering some sort of temple. Lorcan's magic flickered to life, he entered the temple, he found Y/n on the floor and talking to someone. Er, something. She was talking to a tomb.

                                               "I met someone that looks like you, Daddy. Though he's not very nice," Y/n said. "Mommy said Hellas is leading him, just like he did for you!" Lorcan flinches, he never knew Hellas led others, not just himself. "Daddy, I miss you."

                                                 Y/n finally turned around. "You know, for the most powerful Fae male, you're pretty loud." Y/n said, Lorcan had to blink several times. Y/n then turns around again to look at tomb.

                                                 Lorcan walked over to the Fae girl and stood next to her. "How long has it been since he died?" Lorcan softly asked. "Three years ago," Y/n replied. "I'm eight now." Only five years old when she had lost her father.

                                                 Y/n scotched over to Lorcan, leaning against his leg. Lorcan stiffened, he looked down to see her curling up in a small ball, and dozing off. Lorcan huffs, he picks her up then leaves the temple. Before he did, he softly murmured, "I'll look after your little girl."

                                               Lorcan brought Y/n back to Sina who was frantically searching for her daughter. Before reaching the house, Y/n snuggled into his chest. His heart fluttered, this new emotion, is it care? Sina took Y/n from him. "Thank you for finding her," Sina thanked. "She tends to wander off a lot."

                                              Lorcan watched Sina tuck Y/n into bed, he ran his fingers through her hair. As he was about to leave, he spotted a ghost figure sitting in the chair beside Y/n's bed. It was a male, he does look like Lorcan. He looks up at Lorcan and faintly smiles at him. "Thank you," a voice echoed. "For willing to look after my precious daughter."

                                             He then faded away, Lorcan looks down at Y/n, he found her sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face. Perhaps Hellas will look after her too when he can't.