Hello, Father

Pairing: Lorcan Salvaterre x daughter!reader
Warning: none
Note: N/A
Requested by: no one

                                                 Lorcan rubbed his temples again, for the past few years he's been searching for his daughter that went missing behind Maeve's back. If she found out Lorcan had a daughter and had her found, who knows what Maeve would do.

                                                   The last time he had seen her was at home in the mountains where she would be safe. There was a forest so dense that it would take days to get to the house if you didn't know where it was, some people would say it's a labyrinth.

                                                    Lorcan returned to the house, he looked around against for the umpteenth time. Everything was how he left it when he first arrived, papers, and objects were on the floor, the furniture is turned over, and a dagger. A single dagger.

                                                     A dagger has given to his daughter years ago. He remembered giving it to her the first day he had to leave her.

~three years ago~

                                                      Lorcan pressed a kiss to his daughter's forehead, he pulled away then handed her the dagger. "I hope that you never have to use it but if you have to, just remember not to miss," he softly told her. "May Hellas watch over you."

~present~

                                                      He picked up the dagger, he examined it and saw blood on the blade and hilt of it. He tracked the blood all the way out of the forest, whoever took her knew exactly where she lived and how to get there. What made no sense to Lorcan is how did the attacker know? No one else knew about his daughter's existence, no one but himself and her deceased mother.

                                                     He picked up a scent, someone else was in the house. He drew out his sword, readied to fight whoever was in the house. He was unable to recognize the scent but he picked up blood. The footsteps started to get closer, he lowered it when he finally saw who it was. "Hello, Father." 

                                                      Lorcan helped clean Y/n, his daughter, up. She was covered in blood head to toe, she even had blood in her hair. She fought her way out of her attacker's grasp, she had magic with her too. Blessed by Hellas, like her father. Like father like daughter.

                                                       She wasn't safe in the mountains anymore. He had no choice, not anymore. He knew the risks, he knew the consequences, but he had to ask her. Perhaps Maeve wants an heir to her throne.