Storm

Pairing: Rowan Whitethorn x child!reader ft Aelin Ashryver Galathynius
Warning: none
Note: Rowan and Aelin's daughter(you) is having difficulties controlling her newfound abilities and Rowan is trying to help her control it. Some traits will be given.
Requested by: no one

                                                "Easy, easy," Rowan softly said. "Remember, your fear is granting your abilities to take control of you. You're its master, you control it not the other way around," you pursed your lower lip at that. "Again, Y/n."

                                               And you did. Over and over and over again. Again and again and again and again yet nothing worked. "It's not working! I'm hopeless!" You shouted with tears streaming down. "You're not hopeless, Y/n," Rowan calmly said, grabbing you by the shoulders. "Look at me," you did. "Your mother nicknamed you "Storm" for a reason and that reason is because of your abilities. You will be able to control and wield them someday. For now, you're practicing."              

                                               You sat on your little throne beside your parents as your parents' court thrived with life. You only looked down at your gloved hands in disgust. Oh, how much you wanted to take these off and be able to control your abilities without a problem.
Your mother noticed your quietness. "My little storm, is something bothering you?" Your mother cooed, gently brushing your silver-golden hair from your piercing pine-green eyes with gold aligning the pupil. She didn't have to ask, she already knew but it was worth asking. "My little storm, I understand learning all of this is difficult. It was for me too," Aelin softly said, tucking the silver-golden hair behind your ear. "Someday, you will be set free. Someday, you don't need those gloves."

~time skip~

                                             "I'm doing everything I can to teach her," Rowan told Aelin. "I know you are, Rowan. It takes time, you know that," Aelin said, she placed a hand on his chest. "She took after you, remember that," Rowan placed his hand over hers. "She also took after you too, she has a small lick of fire in her blood," Rowan points out. "And that's why Aedion calls her "hell-storm" because if something triggers her she can bring hell with fire, ice, wind, and lightning," Aelin said. "More reason for me to train her now than later," Rowan muttered, he let go of her to stand by the open window. "Rowan," Aelin starts. "I don't want to hear it, Aelin."

                                              Meanwhile, you and your cousin listened to everything your parents were saying in your bedroom. You were in bed while your cousin sat in an armchair. "That's not a bad thing," your cousin said with a frown. "You just destroyed a small part of the forest, no biggie," you said nothing, straining to hear what your parents said but they were speaking so quietly you couldn't. "Why can't I be normal?" You asked sadly. "Of course you can't be normal," your cousin said. "Not only are you a Whitethorn, you're also an Ashryver, and a Galathynius!" Your cousin boasts. "You should be proud of your heritage!" You sighed, pulling the cover over you.

                                                Your parents found your cousin and told him to return back home before his father(Aedion) made him shovel horse dung. Rowan pulled the cover from your head, he gently ran his fingers through your hair gently and kissed the back of your head. Your mother got into bed with you, gently pulling you to her lap, your forehead resting on her neck, your father got into bed too, pulling you both close to him.

                                                "Why did I have to be born like this?" Your question hung in the air. "Y/n, none of us are normal," Aelin finally answered. "I'm not normal, your father isn't normal, your uncle isn't normal, your aunt. Your gifts are not a burden, Y/n. You will learn how to control it."

                                                  And you did, slowly. Everyone pitched in. Gavriel was the first to agree to help, Fenrys was next, it took a while Lorcan but eventually, he agreed.

                                                   Happy ending!