Symbols

Pairing: Chaol Westfall x reader
Warning: none
Note: Chaol ends up befriending one of Dorian's youngest cousins. You! But, you have a secret.
Requested by: no one

                                              Chaol frowned to himself when he caught the sight of Y/n Havillard ducking into a very creepy, dark room. How suspicious. Chaol ducked into the room, quietly following her, it was more of a dark, creepy hallway than a room. Y/n started to climb over a fallen column, she slipped once but found her footing quickly before Chaol could help.

                                               She jumped off once she reached the top, Chaol continued following without a problem. All of a sudden, blue and white symbols started to surround Y/n, a staircase of those symbols appeared allowing Y/n to run up, using those symbols to a small cliff-like object.

                                              Chaol had to run quickly before the symbols shattered like glass. 'Magic. She has magic' was Chaol's only thought as he continued running after her. 'Question is, does anyone else know?'                       

                                                 Chaol stopped when he reached a large, circular room with Y/n standing in the middle and symbols surrounding her once more. He ducked into cover as one symbol, in particular, spun very quickly and got faster and faster until the room rumbled and dust flew everywhere.

                                             Chaol had to cover his eyes to keep the dust from getting in and when he looked again, he was flabbergasted by what he saw. A large, white, knight stood before Y/n, it was as tall as the circular room. It kneeled, its hands resting on the hilt of its sword.

 It kneeled, its hands resting on the hilt of its sword

I wished I could draw like this. Artwork is not mine! Creds to whoever drew this!

                                             Chaol stares at the knight as it slowly started to shrink until it was big enough to stand in the middle of Y/n's palm. "You know, you're horrible at stalking people," she called out. "I could tell you were following me the minute I slipped inside." Chaol couldn't help the sudden blush, he didn't realize he was that loud that even a child could pick it up.

                                              Chaol sat on a piece of debris, watching the young girl conjure up more and more symbols and beasts. She can summon a great lion and a wolf, and her favorite animal form was a hawk. She can summon some sort of wasp that can use its stinger to latch onto objects and pull it towards it or use it as a weapon.

                                               "How long-" Chaol starts. "Did I have magic?" Y/n finishes, Chaol nods. "Oh, I don't know, few years," Y/n shrugs. "You have to be care-" Chaol starts. "Careful, I know. Or else my uncle will have my head," Y/n sarcastically said. "I'm not stupid, Chaol. Why do you think I've kept it hidden for so long?" That question hung in the air and another took its place. "Why show it to me then?"

                                                   As Y/n led Chaol back, her answer ran in his head. "Because I trust you. Dorian trusts you. I can tell he has magic too, I can feel it and so can my magic. His magic is much different from mine but I hope, someday, I can teach him to control and wield it on command." 

                                                  This. This. This young girl has kept a secret for a large majority of her life for her own survival. And she finally revealed to a man she barely knew because her older cousin trusted him. She took a risk, a very large risk, to reveal it. Most people would have immediately told someone but no, not Chaol. He can't let a small child die, he won't tell anyone about it.

                                                     No one.